Search results

1. Orion76

Sony MDRV6 Headphone Review (with/without BRAINWAVZ Pad)

For sure! I about fell over when I saw the $495 price tag. I checked amazon and I bought mine for $90 back in 2016. Eventually I gave mine to my son. We had to replace the earpads in 2020 (Brainwaves perforated), but to be fair he did use them daily.
  2. Orion76

Panasonic DP-UB9000 UHD Player Review

Oppo said there is a $300 flat fee plus shipping and insurance. Three day turn around time. I will be getting it fixed, since it is such a unicorn these days.
  3. Orion76

Panasonic DP-UB9000 UHD Player Review

Back in 2018, before the prices went nuts, I grabbed an Oppo 205. After five years of faithful service watching at least 6 or 7 movies per week, it is starting to get fussy about what 4k discs it will play. DVDs and 1080 Blu-rays are fine, but for the past month various 4k discs read as...
  4. Orion76

Have plenty of headphones, but need to add a mic. Should I get a gaming headset for PC?

Thanks, I will check that out. The system for mounting the mic on any headphone works well?
  5. Orion76

Have plenty of headphones, but need to add a mic. Should I get a gaming headset for PC?

I have a Topping E50 DAC, Topping L50 headphone amp, and tons of headphones and IEMs. But I need a mic to play a team based shooter (Hell Let Loose) on my PC. Should I get a gaming headset with built in mic, or is there a decent way to add a mic to my setup? Thanks!
  6. Orion76

Role Audio Skiff Speaker Review

You can "upgrade" to a single 3.5 inch titanium driver for only $1700 per pair- http://www.roleaudio.com/sampan "We set two Sampans up in our listening room next to a pair of 'normal size' floorstanders (my Triangle Cellos) but did not tell anyone ... everyone thought that the sound they were...
  7. Orion76

PrimaLuna Dialogue Seven Tube Amp Review

So two of these plus the matching pre-amp comes in at $8,093. No thanks.
  8. Orion76

Vandersteen VLR Speaker Review

Headphones only, but rtings did a nice break-in test- https://www.rtings.com/headphones/learn/break-in
  9. Orion76

Tice Power Conductor 2 Vintage AC Cable Review

I'm picturing an audiophile back in the 90s going back and forth from A to B, to both on, then both off, then all the other combos, with the Diana Krall CD on repeat whilst the wife notices the changes from the next room.
  10. Orion76

Tice TPT Enhanced Line Conditioner Review

Thanks for this review. As a teenager I would flip through my dad's copies of Stereophile and The Absolute Sound and was always intrigued by this type of thing. Interesting to see that it is just a super cheap power cable wrapped up in a wooden box full of black goop. Also, all this Radio...
  11. Orion76

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Day 2

My humble little Parasound P6 made it into one of these shows! Right next to a $6,000 AQ Niagara power conditioner...
  12. Orion76

Emotiva ERC-4 CD Player (DAC) Review

Very interesting. This makes me wonder how my old Marantz CD6005 would measure up. It was priced close to the Emotiva tested here when I bought it 7 or 8 years ago. Hah, just looked and they have made a CD6006 and CD6007 since then!
  13. Orion76

Eleven XIAudio Broadway Headphone Amp Review

Green magic marker? Thanks for the memories. The Audio Prism CD Stoplight https://store.acousticsounds.com/includes/image_browser.cfm?title_id=12484 Putting green around the edge of the CD absorbed stray laser light and made everything sound better. Or something.
  14. Orion76

$55000 Nordost cables for $60.

Nice to see that the power cable is directional! /sarcasm
  15. Orion76

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

They are here. Order placed on Amazon 9/14, and they just showed up today, 9/19. Not bad!
  16. Orion76

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

For $50, it is time to hear what the Harman curve sounds like! Ordered.
  17. Orion76

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

Same here! I had no idea, and I am sitting right next to my Mr Speakers Mad Dog / Fostex headphones.
  18. Orion76

Focal Clear Professional Review

How in the world is "nails-on-a-chalkboard" crackling by design?
  19. Orion76

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Lot of good stuff in that little box, and the price is right! Thanks for the review.
Top Bottom