Search results

1. A

Can YOU tell the difference between FLAC & MP3? - Part 2

Interesting review, thanks! I have the 770s also and will use that FIR wav for APO too now. So EQ makes ALL the difference then?
  2. A

High Bitrate FLAC - Can YOU even hear the difference?

This is what most people "from the industry" will never understand, and why some simply don't get Zeos. At a certain point any graph, measuring result or scientifically accurate observation will fail to describe the human experience, especially one that corresponds to and is so fundamentally...
  3. A

Your first sentence says "clubs are for lonely people". You must not be invited to join many clubs, I assume, since that would be the statement of a person who gets rejected a lot. The term Audiophile and especially its meaning, is interchangeable. It can for example mean audio enthusiast...
  4. A

So I downloaded the Holly Cole Jazz 192khz 24bit Recording from that website you linked, Sample 1.5 to be exact, and converted it to mp3/320kbps. I too have the 770 Pros and that Oratory1990 EQ FIR profile (which you got through my thread here :p lol). To be reeeeally perfectly honest, without...
  5. A

DT 770 Pro EQ According To Oratory1990 BEST Harman Settings - Why does my curve not look like Oratorys?

Wow thanks guys for all the great information! So I learned now that the GraphicEQ settings I posted before are not recommended. Should I use the Parametric EQ from Oratory, but with lower gain at those critical frequencies that would otherwise cause me discomfort, or use the FIR .wav file...
  6. A

DT 770 Pro EQ According To Oratory1990 BEST Harman Settings - Why does my curve not look like Oratorys?

Yeah, exactly that's what I mean. You produce a specific frequency curve with the EQ and the amp controls the volume/gain, but how can we both have the same result if the amp gain is different? For example, at 50hz we both use -8db in the EQ. If my amp produces 10db gain and yours only 7db...
  7. A

OK that I don't understand. Is there then a unified output level each amp must have for any given EQ settings? Obviously, your amp's volume is gonna be at a certain position and so is mine, how can we both get the same result from any given set of EQ settings, if that gain is unregulated? How...
  8. A

Hi there, thanks for your reply! I'm guessing you're referring to jaakkopasanen's EQ settings on Github, not Oratory's. https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/crinacle/gras_43ag-7_harman_over-ear_2018/Beyerdynamic DT 770 250 Ohm As I understand it, those settings are coming...
  9. A

Hi, thanks for the reply! I suspected something like that, thanks for confirming it. The sound is ok, but I still get that fatigue and ear pain with Oratory's settings. I already know what's causing the pain though. At around 6Khz - 6.7Khz & 14Khz there is a gain of almost 12db, which is...
  10. A

Hi everybody! I've been trying to EQ my DT 770 Pro 250 according to Oratory1990's settings. https://www.dropbox.com/s/npqrz9dqdda292x/Beyerdynamic%20DT770%20%28new%20earpads%29.pdf?dl=0 Using APO Equalizer with Windows 10. Full Graphs + Oratory Page attached So I just created another config...
  11. A

APO Equalizer Interface - Virus Detected ?!

The majority of these AV software vendors have their own proprietary virus databases, so you can't measure the likelihood of a false positive by how many of them flag a file, but rather what they flag it for. I did some more digging. If you check the Virus Total behavior tab, you'll see that...
  12. A

Hi, thanks for the reply. Well, it's obviously not my virus scanner, but Virus Total that says two separate vendors have flagged this executable to contain some sort of Trojan. If you google "Peace EQ Virus" you'll find countless results of people complaining, dating back as far as 2017. You'd...
  13. A

Just downloaded the latest version of Peace Equalizer on Sourcefourge, an interface for the renowned APO EQ. https://sourceforge.net/projects/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/ After a check on Virus Total, I was presented with a Trojan warning. This honestly doesn't look like a false positive to...
Top Bottom