Search results

1. GiBo61

Review Cambridge Audio EVO 150

Why arrogant (...In My Arrogant Opinion)?
  2. GiBo61

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

I also have a Sabaj A30a and I'm really happy about it. I guess the performance will be similar but with more boxes and cables around. Furthermore the Sabaj has a sub out with high pass and low pass filters plus tone controls.
  3. GiBo61

Sabaj A30a announced

I'm no expert and I guess that the DeepL.com translation of your post is not always clear, so I do not fully understand what you did and what are your conclusions. However I guess that the the presumed lack of linearity between the SUB OUT and the main speakers at different volume knob positions...
  4. GiBo61

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Usually cheap AV receivers have poor performances in terms of instrumental measurements.
  5. GiBo61

Sabaj A30a announced

Thank you @peterwen for your contribution on this issue as a spokesperson (I guess) for Sabaj. Did you make any instrumental measurements or did you simply evaluate the behavior of the subwoofer output by ear? Tkx
  6. GiBo61

Sabaj A30a announced

I must say that I've always used my Sabaj A30a connected to the amp/speaker switch depicted below (SOLUPEAK P2). I initally used the switch to connect 2 amps to the same pair of speakers. After few months the almost 20 years old Rotel amp died (It already had problems before) so I started to use...
  7. GiBo61

Sabaj A30a announced

Well, pretty impressive. I'm sure Hifi-Express will excange the defective amp with no further questions if they do not want to lose customers (likely more than 50% of them read the ASR forums...).
  8. GiBo61

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Oh well, it's April's foul :facepalm:
  9. GiBo61

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

I guess you are aware that in ASR there isn't a single test of expensive audio or power cables (costing hundreds of Dollars) showing a significant improvement when compared to standard (costing tens of Dollars or less) cables?
  10. GiBo61

Sabaj A30a announced

For some users here the sub volume is a problem while others (me included) find it behaves correctly in their setup. There are many variables involved, it's difficult to say who is right. Sabaj released a single firmware update in fall 2022, after that nothing.
  11. GiBo61

Sabaj A30a announced

... and, besides all the technical considerations you made about the differences between the two devices, was he successful in convincing you that you do not need anything other than the Wiim AMP???
  12. GiBo61

Sabaj A30a announced

Hi Roland68, so you swapped the Sabaj A30a and the WiiM AMP in your setup and you had a more satisfying listening experience with Sabaj?
  13. GiBo61

Sabaj A30a announced

Considering: - the built quality - the features included - the user experience - the subjective sound quality - the Axign digital feedback technology - the intrumental measurements (assuming they are comparable to those of the SMSL VMV A2) - the power delivered at 4 and 8 Ohm I guess it's a...
  14. GiBo61

Sabaj A30a announced

I have seen the measurements done by member of this forum (robbie) regarding lack of linearity between the Sabaj A30a volume of the main speakers and the subwoofer. Althoug robbie made a good job, he is comparing the SPL (in db) at 125 Hz generated by two different speakers (main: Heco Aurora...
  15. GiBo61

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

I understand your point and I would also be happy to see the measurements with the stock 48/5A PSU. However, for a variety of reasons, Amir may be unable or unwilling to perform such testing (I'm sure he has a long waiting list for other devices to try). We are all grateful to Amir for what he...
  16. GiBo61

SMSL VMV A2 Review (Stereo Amplifier & DAC)

Out of curiosity, what do you mean for "and I was no able to turned it off"?
  17. GiBo61

Sabaj A30a announced

Even after the latest (and only) Sabaj A30a firmware update, some users complained about the lack of linearity of the volume curve of the main speakers and that of the subwoofer. In my 2:1 setup (Elac Vela BS403 and a Martin Logan Dynamo 700w sw) I cannot confirm the issue. Sure, sometimes the...
Top Bottom