Search results

1. OHtaru

iD4 & iD14 MK II - Audient updated their Audio Interfaces

Actually ES9822/9842 is one of the top-end ADC chips. E1DA Cosmos ADC by @IVX uses the same chip to achieve the best performance for measurement. I don't think it's WORSE than AK5574EN at all. From the datasheet I can't see any clue that ES9822 is bad. The only thing unknown is the CS43199. I...
  2. OHtaru

Actually iD4 mkii (maybe iD14 as well) has been using ES9822PRO already since the latter half of 2021 because of the fire in AKM. Here is the inside of a newer iD4. The time marker 2142 means it‘’s been made at week 42 in 2021. But nobody checked the performance of iD4 or iD14 with ES9822PRO.
  3. OHtaru

Motu M4 Audio Interface Review

If you play virtual instruments, you may experience more latency with MOTU. Yes, more. RTL latency consists of both input and output, Motu's input latency is quite low but output latency is not as good as well. I have both Audient iD4 and Motu M2, for 44.1kHz I should set Motu to 32 samples...
  4. OHtaru

Another way to know the version: 1 or 2 screws per XLR port. v1: only one screw on the top left. v2&v3: two screws on both top left and bottom right. Apparently v2&v3's XLR port is more stable.
  5. OHtaru

Actually there are three versions. v1 XMOS controller+ES9016S DAC+AK5554 ADC v2 NXP controller+ES9026pro DAC+AK5554 ADC v3 Atmel controller+ES9026pro DAC+ES9840 ADC v2&v3 both have 2.xx firmware:)
  6. OHtaru

I noticed that ID4's input signal can be leaked into output, with monitor mix knob being dialed all the way to 'DAW'. The leaking level is quite low though, around -130dB when feed 0dBFS signal on the input side. The knob acts like a digital one so I think it's a bug and can be fixed with an...
  7. OHtaru

I don‘t have ID14 MKII in my hand, so I'm not sure about that. But there are still 22 ohms resistors (R67 R68 R77 R78) in the headphone amp circuit.
  8. OHtaru

ID4 mkii has replaced its ADC with ESS ES9822QPRO. The datasheet shows the ESS chip has lower THD+N than previous AKM AK5574EN. By the way, the DAC chip package also changed, but there's 43199 on the chip. I'm not sure it's different modal or not, because I can't find any datasheet corresponds...
  9. OHtaru

Audient released the latest firmware:) Change log: V1.0.8 Changes: Fixed analogue input phase alignment Fixed noise on analogue inputs on initial startup
Top Bottom