Search results

1. H

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

Can you do 4 independent subs and mix those to the mains, there is a little magic to ARC it blends in the mains like I've never seen.
  2. H

Again, I said I validate I'm in the ballpark and flat doesn't mean better and I have heard many great systems and configurations as I've had the luxury of doing so. Yes agreed many won't know what to listen for, it's not that I'm better necessarily but I know what to listen for but also what...
  3. H

Again I'll say I always measure but too much emphasis on measurements here vs the quality of sound is my opinion. Measurements alone don't get you great sound it's just a fact that seems to elude folks. Perhaps I have just been exposed to so many different systems I know what to listen for but...
  4. H

Do you see this flat response on the Marantz SR8015? Is this what passes as good sound? Because if you say yet you're wrong this thing does not sound anywhere near the AVM90.
  5. H

Curves only get you so far, assume a flat response with some personal variations on the highs and mids there are so many measurements out there on this unit no need to repeat them. REW reads almost identical to the ARC readings but I typically use both REW and ARC although it's not really...
  6. H

Oh boy guys, I don't know what to say about the Subwoofer settings on the Anthem, it's very good and easy to tune even auto tuning the drivers to mix in brilliantly and enhance the mains like I haven't heard on any Marantz or Denon. I just don't know what to say as I'm not impressed at all by...
  7. H

The answer is yes, before any tweaks of course level matched direct first. However, even with tweaks the was a big improvement above what I could achieve on the Marantz.
  8. H

I paid 6K for my AVM90 but I have some connections. DAC's are definitely superior and that -3 you will never hear in a human ear that's for sure because both tolerances are very good. Anthem put some quality into this unit that you can hear, 6 layer board, ESS Saber 9038 Q2M, but it's not...
  9. H

I know there is plenty of that out there. Of course I always do my measurements but measurements only get you so far, I know everyone here thinks measurements are everything but once close it does work that way as I have seen these big box brands, heard their sound vs what I have heard in other...
  10. H

There is no fan noise coming out of the AVM90, I have access to quite a bit of equipment. Before buying the 90 I connected it up to an Mcintosh AMP and Revel PerformaBe F328Be speakers and played various songs that high various frequency ranges using Tidal. The Marantz produced what I would...
  11. H

Much of the Dirac is marketing we all know you have to tweak far beyond what Dirac base lines for you. Even with ARC Genesis which is quite a powerful tool loaded with features and ability to control 4 independent Subs. To bring out the characteristics of your speakers you have to go beyond as...
  12. H

Everything in the build on the AVM90 is better including the board itself and yes the DAC's. Pound for pound Marantz is just a big box brand with no life in the sound, I have heard them long enough to know the difference, it just can't compare. You have to ask yourself on the XLR if your ears...
  13. H

Not my first rodeo, I'm not suffering from a confirmation bias as I have heard soo many systems and soo many configurations I know what sounds good these days vs bad. Of course it's easy to hear a full sounding system with good imaging vs a thinner sounding system that has deadness where life...
  14. H

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

So these Benchmark Amps are actually good from what I see. I know many say they are so transparent with no coloration at all which some don't prefer but I have never listened to one so I don't know what I don't know about coloration. If it doesn't favor any particular characteristic I wonder...
  15. H

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Funny I was just looking at the AHB2 as an AMP for my bedroom setup, I hear those are very good for the money and the only reason they are inexpensive is that they are the first and only to come with that THX certification which will at some point put them on the map I hear. I also hear they...
  16. H

Dummy head for measuring room response

How much does those dummy heads cost?
  17. H

They may be thinking of SMPS systems in PC's and relate to those big old things that in fact are very noisy but also very cheap unlike a well thought out design with filtering shielding and decoupling with a well throughout layout.
  18. H

I don't know it so well, I'm asking because I'm considering a purchase of a Topping DAC and realistically want to understand because in my experience Switching Power Supplies are either noise or become noisy over a short period of time. That's what I have seen in the real world but all designs...
  19. H

So they got around all of these noise points with the Topping devices?
  20. H

I think it's obvious from the review that sound is more of the focus for Anthem vs some features and video processing on the Marantz and it shows up in the sound quality. For me I listened to both and it's not really a comparison when it comes to what your ears are hearing, the Anthem just does...
Top Bottom