Search results

1. T

A DC Blocker to help stop transformer HUM

I got the chance to test the Blocker from Audiolab and this one reduces the noise as well. Even netter than the one from ifi.
  2. T

Permanent noise/hum from Speaker

With the direct option, the noise is also present. I have now tested the amplifier in another household and could observe the same phenomena. What I noticed (I was probably always too fast before) is that as soon as the active source is no longer played (e.g., sound off), the relay switches...
  3. T

I could not notice any loss in audio quality so far.
  4. T

I received the ifi yesterday and the hum is reduced significantly when the Blocker is plugged in. Next I will try the one from audiolab and then I will decide which one I will keep.
  5. T

I will try the Setup tomorrow at a friends house. If the same is audible, I will return the device.
  6. T

Yes, the noise is there but only on a connected source. There is a difference in tone in the noise when switching between analog and digital. I can rotate the Main plug and already fine but with no success.
  7. T

When only the speakers are connected, nothing is audible. But when I plug in an input, the sounds start at the connected source. Switching to another source (without input), nothing is audible. When switching to an analgoue input with only speakers connected, the typical noise floor (I guess)...
  8. T

It is only audible at the output with a connected device. For example, when only something is connected in optical 1 and I switch to optical 2 or coax 1, I hear nothing. And it is more likely a white/grey noise: And Yes, the device is still under warranty. If the troubleshooting fails, I will...
  9. T

Yes, the humming is coming from the speaker but when I plug in the headphones I can hear the hum with them. So it must be something created from the amplifier. And I already made an extensive testing with different Setups. For eyample, full disconnecting of all Devices but not the amplifier and...
  10. T

It is coming from the speakers. Sorry for the misleading title. Yes, I already disconnected the coax. The amplifier is plugged in a Power strip with a TV, Ps5, and RPI4. The TV is connected to the amplifier with a toslink and the RPI4 with USB. Having just one source plugged in doesnt help...
  11. T

Thank you all for your replies? However, I already tried all mentioned suggestions without any success. I have plugged the amplifier in a different grid with only one input source but the noise/hum was still present.
  12. T

Hello all, I own a Rotel RA-1592 since recently. Generally, I am very satisfied with the device and compared to the predecessor (Denon X3500H) a huge leap in terms of listening quality. What I noticed, however, is that I perceive a constant (volume) noise/hum from the speakers with any active...
  13. T

Ok, thanks. Yesterday I ordered the following DC Blocker: https://audiolab-deutschland.de/dc-block/ I'm from Germany and hence shipping is more beneficial in this case. I will try this one and share my feedback. If this one won't bringt any improvements, I will get the blocker from ATL.
  14. T

Alright, thank you! But when the 2V is more "powerful", why do they both cost the same?
  15. T

The hum changes only when I switch on the TV. Without TV on, there is no hum audible. Interesting is that the hum is getting louder/quieter when the picture of the TV is darker/brighter. I have a LG OLED and my intensive troubleshooting identified that the TV is polluting my housegrid...
  16. T

I'am a complete newbie in this field and confronted with the same issue that my toroidal trafo is humming. I saw the Block on ATL and I wanted to ask what is the difference between both versions (1.4 V vs 2 V), since they cost the same. Hence, which one should I try? Thanks in advance!
  17. T

Transformer of the amplifier hums with TV on

Hello all, I own a Rotel RA-1592 amplifier since recently. This one works wonderfully and I'm actually very happy with it. However, what I have noticed (and is somewhat annoying) is the fact that the amplifier hums when the TV (LG Oled) is running. The amplifier is located under the TV. Both...
  18. T

WHICH DAC SETUP?

Hi guys, currently, I am using a RPI4 with the HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro as a network player, which supplies my amplifier (Rotel RA 1592) with content (Line out). Since the Rotel has an integrated DAC (AKM Premium 32-Bit/768kHz), I wonder if the following alternatives would be more suitable? 1. RPI4...
Top Bottom