Search results

1. MLaranjeiras

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

As I posted on another thread, in the end of the day, once being both E50 and D90 III having perfect measurements, what might count d’be a blind test between them to realize or not that paying four times more we’d listen any relevant gain.
  2. MLaranjeiras

Topping e50+p50 power supply

In the end of the day, once being both E50 and D90 III having perfect measurements, what might count d’be a blind test between them to realize or not that paying four times more we’d listen any relevant gain.
  3. MLaranjeiras

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

Less harsh, let’s say or I meant
  4. MLaranjeiras

Remember my ears might have deceived me. But, for me, it is a really good equipment. If I’d have it before the Topping E50, maybe my opinion could be diferent.
  5. MLaranjeiras

By the way, at 63, my ears are defeated at 14 KHz
  6. MLaranjeiras

It is possible. I like a lot the E50 and do not have yet reasons to change it for another. I am sending back the IFI to the owner For now, I am very glad with the E50. It is all fine for me. IFi offers much more than I need.
  7. MLaranjeiras

Just now I am listening both Topping E50 (around US$ 200.00) and IFI DSD Gryphon (around US$ 500.00) and they, to me, are tiers. But the Gryphon seems to be somehow a little more refined, smooth.
  8. MLaranjeiras

Will there be noticeable difference between FiiO K7 and the new K11 with CS43198 dac? Which one to choose?

… the 1979 Sansui AU 317 is not far behind from the Silver/ Golden/Champagne Alpha Series sold only in Japan
  9. MLaranjeiras

Will there be noticeable difference between FiiO K7 and the new K11 with CS43198 dac? Which one to choose?

Bought this two guys for about US$ 250.00 each and the silver one made a friend sell a 12 thousand dollars amplifier to cling on a Sansui AU A907 XR. The good miner gets his reward.
  10. MLaranjeiras

Marantz CINEMA 70s AVR - Teardown, personal thoughts and a few measurements

It is a little sad to realize that old issues like hi temperature still after decades from early models, while price go to stratrosphere on the newer ones
  11. MLaranjeiras

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

… and, for now, I am convinced that any upgrade on Topping line will not worth the investment.
  12. MLaranjeiras

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

I have an E50 for a while and it works just fine.
  13. MLaranjeiras

Topping RD3 TP Balanced DAC Review

Sometimes you go to a restaurant because a friend insisted. At least, if I do not find any good new on the Mojo 2 I can sell it easily
  14. MLaranjeiras

A Chord Mojo 2 at 430 euros d’be my maximum investiment. Or an IFI Gryphon at the same price range
  15. MLaranjeiras

The good measurements of the Topping E50 made me to move for it. But many issues on measurements are beyond the human listening area, as ASR always remember. So, we can not only go for measurements. But I choose the cheapest with good ones.
  16. MLaranjeiras

They made what they could. I like blind tests, but it was not at this time
  17. MLaranjeiras

No offense at all. That was what they perceived. Just sharing. Measures vs listening is an infinite discussion. Just sharing. ASR is measurements in most cases. A technical evidence. But people listen too.
  18. MLaranjeiras

Sure! I sent it to some friends make a comparison with other DACs. The players: Topping E50 SMSL M400 Denafrips Pontus The conclusions TOPPING E50 - Sound signature: well balanced and neutral - Sound stage: significantly less pronounced - Presence of bass / mid / treble: balanced presence...
  19. MLaranjeiras

The main question for me is: does it sound better than my Topping E50?
Top Bottom