Search results

1. inscythe

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

This happened to my unit, remaining at -5 even when there is nothing connected to it. My unit is being returned to China to be fixed/replaced. Hopefully Topping can diagnose the problem so that it won't happen again.
  2. inscythe

Truthear Shio and Topping G5 Comparison

Shio is using some really cheap faux leather, quite disappointed at it tbh
  3. inscythe

SMSL D300 Review (Balanced DAC)

Thanks for this, just fixed my DSD playback on Windows on Foobar2000. Previously playing any DSD just gave out static noise. After the XMOS update to 1.3, the DSD plays, but there were quiet pops when seeking or changing track. With the MCU version 1.11, the pops are now gone too.
  4. inscythe

Mine came with FW 2.4 out of the box, so I probably got one of the later batches of 2022. Looking at the trends in this thread, it seems that only the first few of batches have this particular issue and newer 2023 batches seem fine. I do have an optimistic hunch that this is something they fixed...
  5. inscythe

Sure, I can accept it. I don't have to be happy about it though. Looking at the purchasing time of my unit and @hamsuplo 's, seems like the fault came out at around the same age of the device, around 8 months. It is yet to be seen if this is a common problem given the low sample size of 2, but...
  6. inscythe

How did it go with your reseller? Did you get yours replaced? I've used mine since October 2022.
  7. inscythe

Sigh, I just had the permanent -5 error code on my unit yesterday. I went down to my local distributor expecting a quick replacement and instead I was told that the unit needs to be sent back to manufacturer with a lead time of 4-8 weeks. This is my primary amp, so I won't be able to use a huge...
  8. inscythe

Please help me find a DAC/AMP for Hifiman Edition XS? Topping DX3 Pro+ distorts and nearly blew up!

Probably Ananda (or Ananda Stealth now). I've read a few reports of XS pushing the limits too hard with some amps on bass-heavy tracks due to the low impedance.
  9. inscythe

USB to 12V trigger input?

Hi, just want to thank you for this find. I purchased the first cable and I managed to get the 12V trigger of my Topping A90D to turn on and off from my PC.
  10. inscythe

Please help me find a DAC/AMP for Hifiman Edition XS? Topping DX3 Pro+ distorts and nearly blew up!

You can try Fiio K5 Pro ESS at that price. You'll lose some functions like BT, but I think it'll perform better in your scenario.
  11. inscythe

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

As long as the outputs are handled by separate output stage circuits, then it is possible. In A90, the balanced and SE are separated, so you can run both together. You will need to check with the individual amp's internal design. Some amps with balanced jacks for convenience only (actually...
  12. inscythe

Topping A90 Headphone Amplifier Review

You can run both balanced and SE at the same time, but not 2 balanced. For the balanced, it will take whichever get plugged in first if I remember correctly, so you can run 2 different headphones at the same time.
  13. inscythe

Verum Audio Verum 1 Review (Headphone)

Indeed, I wasn't sure my post was within the forum rules anyway. For those who are curious about Igor's situation, it's still up on Verum's main page for now.
  14. inscythe

Verum Audio Verum 1 Review (Headphone)

I sold my Sundara after acquiring the Verum 1. To me, Verum 1 has a more natural timbre with a better bass extension. I'm glad to see the measurements seem to support my impression. That said, there are a few issues regarding my unit. There were some minor uneven resin marks on the left cup...
  15. inscythe

Topping DX5

Well, it does seem identical on paper, but some components seem to have been updated to a higher grade ones. Whether it is an audible improvement, let's just wait for a review.
  16. inscythe

Topping DX5

Looks pretty!
  17. inscythe

Hifiman Edition XS

I got this for my Sundara (which I sold after getting the XS). Fits the XS just as well. https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/headphone-travel-case.html
  18. inscythe

Hifiman Edition XS

Thanks! The one you linked did not show up on my search before, so I was actually talking about this one. I'll keep your link as a backup. Also, I think the extra $60 premium that Dekoni asks for isn't just for the mounting option, but also goes to QC and testing (like those FR graphs that...
  19. inscythe

Hifiman Edition XS

Hmmm? I actually searched for the pads on AliExpress (and Taobao too) before settling with Dekoni. The cheapest I found is still around $60 for oval Hifiman (I saw a lot of $20 ones for round Hifiman). So I guessed $20 difference from Dekoni for a better brand would be quite worth the...
Top Bottom