Search results

1. D

Surround post adjustment via mobile device and audio cues

An idea I had that might spur a discussion. I use Dirac on a 7.1.4 system, which sounds great and all.. but I also have partial hearing loss and the results after measurements (UMK-1) seem to bias the right side of the room (oddly enough, its my right ear that has more loss than left). Got me...
  2. D

Do small speakers make things sound small?

Both of these pairs of speakers (Speedster TMM, Adire Kit281) are tower speakers. The Kit281 are rather large towers, since they are ported with two 8" woofers in a MTM design. There could be another culprit; I have an active crossover that pre-dates digital/Minidsp, which has the ability to...
  3. D

I finally go around to measuring my HT setup, as theorized, yes, it would appear that 100-170hz is considerably higher than my 2ch setup in my other room. Outside of that range, the speedsters seem to have a much more flat response curve in general. Note that I am also aware of the 1K to 2K...
  4. D

Here is my 2.1 channel setup, with the subwoofer not active. PC directly to amplifier. I'm no REW expert, so excuse any mistakes I've made.
  5. D

First, thank you for the response. My summer has been consumed with a pool/deck building project, so time spent on my audio has taken a back burner, sorry for the late responses. I am not high-passing the monitors in this current setup and this room. Truth be told, it sounded "small" in...
  6. D

Do small speakers produce small sound? My setup: Electronics ICePower 200ASC DIY fed by a Topping E50 DAC. I've used CamilloDSP on my MoodeAudio and REW to do some room corrections, and I'm also using Dayton LF1 to adjust the room response for my subwoofer. Speakers DIY Speedster TMM...
  7. D

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

My E50 has introduced what sounds like a ground-loop hum during some playback, some silence, but now 100% of the time during standby. When in standby, it buzzes loudly. Like so: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BUhF7HkpEIxfqNXNUanS0z7gx1IkSwFT/view?usp=sharing The power supply I'm using is...
  8. D

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Pretty sure they’re like $7000 and $9000. Not sure what dealer prices they are.
  9. D

Which is why $2000 for the DRX 5.4 is a complete money grab...
  10. D

The 5.4, not the 3.4 is the alternative.
  11. D

Power limiting without ever even seeing a 4ohm load, or any specific setting within the unit enabled. This seems like an obvious firmware bug. I'm curious though; Is this what a 6ohm vs. 8ohm setting would actually look like in practice?
  12. D

Can Dirac overcome the Onkyo RZ50 shortcomings? X3700H instead?

Given the stellar reviews of the X3700H (sinad, amplifiers) vs. the RZ50 sub-par (sinad, clipping at 4ohm loads) reviews: Would a fully tweaked (using MultiEQ app) X3700H outperform a RZ50, all else being equal? Or is Dirac such an advancement in technology that it can help the RZ50 sound...
  13. D

Feel bad for those guys paying $2700+ for these on EBay.
  14. D

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

I hear you. I cannot explain why it goes away when swapping amplifiers. Only difference is one is balanced TRS to unbalanced RCA vs. balanced TRS to Balanced XLR inputs.
  15. D

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Hey guys, I got my Aiyima about a month ago, and its developed a distinct popping when a track starts/stops. It did not do this out of the box. Setup: PI4 USB w/Moode Audio > Topping E50 (volume controlled here) > Aiyima with volume set to 3/4 or sometimes full. When I switch to my DIY...
  16. D

Integra DRX 5.4 vs. Onkyo TX-RZ50

Anyone know what justifies the $600 price difference between the Integra DRX 5.4 and the Onkyo TX-RZ50? They seem functionally identical.
  17. D

9.2 Atmos AVR questions on pre-amp/channels

Its also a 9.2 processor only. So it can't run 7.1.4 regardless of amplification.
  18. D

I must have accidentally viewed the PDF for the RZ50 vs. the 3.4.
  19. D

It can't run surround + surround back + height 1 + height 2. I ended up downloading the user manual and it does indeed show that you can use an external amplifier for height 2, then use internal amplification for surround back + height 1
  20. D

Looking to try either the Integra 3.4 or the Onkyo RZ50, both of which are 9.2 enabled AVRs. I was looking thru the back panel though, and found that you cannot have both rear channel AND overhead Atmos enabled at the same time. Question though; Is this a processing limitation AND an...
Top Bottom