Search results

1. P

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Yeah, I was looking forward to a review of this product. I have the NX4 DSD which I love very much and I was hoping to get my hands on this one as well. I think it is overpriced for something that is likely only an incremental gain in sound quality if even that. If it were below $200, they would...
  2. P

Review and Measurements of Topping NX4 DSD Dac and Portable Headphone Amplifier

I had the NX4 DSD already and really loved it, but I gave it to a friend and that decision was made easier because of the micro-USB port.
  3. P

The mechanical issues are the main concern for me. I have had a few too many micro-USB devices fail.
  4. P

Is there any hint that there will ever be a USB-C update to the NX4 DSD? I am trying to decide whether to get something else that has USB-C or wait for a Topping product.
  5. P

NX4 DSD sounds different from different sources, does source matter?

So I recently posted about my extremely positive experience with the Topping NX4 DSD. Sometimes, what I like to do is just listen to youtube music videos, for example when studying and I don't really care about sound quality in those moments. One thing that has been very noticeable is the...
  6. P

Topping DX3 Pro+

@JohnYang1997 You should tell us when there is a new product on the horizon. I have been on the Topping website for the better part of the past 2 weeks evaluating what to get. I landed on the EX5, but that MQA was kinda a deal-breaker for me. I don't want any of my money supporting MQA in any...
  7. P

Topping EX5?

I really want to get this DAC/Amp, but I'm afraid I may end up punting it across the room from that MQA logo staring at me all day. Does this device force all my digital music files through the MQA signal chain?
  8. P

Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk + Topping NX4 DSD = Endgame for me

That was the biggest thing I was worried about before getting them. More than them sticking out, I was worried about how they will stay in my ear and not fall out and of course overall comfort. My ears tend towards the small side and I am happy to say that they have a unique shell design that...
  9. P

Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusk + Topping NX4 DSD = Endgame for me

A while back, I posted about a not-so-good experience I had with Sennheiser IE80s and someone recommended the Blessing 2 as the be-all and end-all. I ended up getting the Blessing 2 Dusk. I am happy to report that I think I am done as far as IEM setup is concerned. I just don't see a way to get...
  10. P

Finally seen the light

- The DACs I had before and still happen to have, received rave reviews from youtube and head-fi reviewers and when I purchased them based on those reviews, they turned out not to be anything special. I have both the Fiio BTR5 and Centrance BlueDAC for portable use and the O2 + SDAC from...
  11. P

Finally seen the light

OMG did I mention the instrument separation? I constantly blamed my headphones for sounding congested. Turns out it was the DAC/Amp. I built open-back headphones based on a 50mm driver made by Tympany. I tuned it using my HD58X as a reference and I got it to a point where it resolved more detail...
  12. P

Finally seen the light

Long-time subjectivist here with every device I use. I always thought there is nothing better than good ol' ears to determine whether something sounds good or not. I have spent so much money in my short career as an audiophile just going off subjective reviews on headfi. The experience with the...
Top Bottom