Search results

1. M

What to do when speakers can't be placed in ideal location?

Can approve this. When you have a small room it is extremely benficial if you remove one wall by adding thick absorption to it. I am referring to a minimum of 8 inches rockwool velocity bass traps + AVAA C20 unit or 14inches rockwool velocity bass traps. Both approaches will deaden the wall...
  2. M

Boominess in the female voice range?

Yeah it is! I didn't check and took him by his word after a quick look at the log chart... Ty for pointing this out. Makes much more sense with respect to my frequency plot.
  3. M

I switched to a positon where this peak around 250Hz is 6dB less and flat and it sounds perfect.
  4. M

Ok so it is bassically an audio engineering mistake in combination with a +7dB peak in my listenting spot frequency response which causes this. Can't hear that song at normal loudness levels at all... so annoying. I checked and the response is minimal phase over that peak. I could try to mute...
  5. M

The 250Hz peak is 3 dB higher but right at my listening spot it is +7dB. When I compare the frequency response from the listening spot and the spot where it sounds normal it is clear. In my listening spot there is a peak followed by a null. All this happening right in the female voice range. I...
  6. M

Just check your impulse response! If should show a steady decay over time without later peaks exceeding earlier peaks. This is achieved by a combination of muting the large peaks (1st and 2nd order) and by scattering (via furniture) the higher order reflection to create a homgeneuous reverb...
  7. M

I have speakrs with great directivity and don't have any reflection from sidewalls and frontwall. I tested QRD diffusion between the speakers with a 2m*1,5m area and there was no audible difference and almost no difference in the ImpulseResponse (reflections.) As I have heavy absorption on the...
  8. M

Headphones are not well suited to truly create the auditory illusion needed to trick you into feeling as if you are there imo. Little natural head movements and all that. Your brain isn't stupid. Maybe if you sit extremely still and have headphones resting on your ears without any pressure. So...
  9. M

Difference in Topping D90 and D90SE

Hi! I also have a Roon Nukleus in combination with the Topping D90 MQA (no SE). I also have a device which recreates the USB Signal from scratch via galavnic decoupling and recklocking. However even I use that device I can use the USB input on the Topping D90 anymore but the AES input...
  10. M

Treatment will be needed in your room but I agree with Frigirard that you should first find the ideal positions in the current state. Knowing that the ideal positions are subject to small changes once the treatment is in place. This is due to the nature of combfilters. When you add absorbers to...
  11. M

I want to keep my speaker side lively so I won't use absorption there. I don't want to remove only specific frequencies... Diffusion and absorption on the ceiling is easy. You place a absorber panel at the 1st reflection point and diffusing elements around it. So you 1st reflection is muted but...
  12. M

Fight the living room problems: Cardiods vs nearfield vs multichannel

But those measurement don't tell you much about the core ability of said speakers. Clearity and imaging is extremely good and precise.
  13. M

Above measurements from the untreated room. All reflection are ceiling/floor/backwall related... Backwall will be deadened with 20cm velocity bass traps next week. Ceiling with 2D QRD Diffusers going from 500Hz to 5kHz. For the floor I will just use a small rug to cover the first reflection...
  14. M

Stereo Bass using subwoofers

I have two dipol subs without any time delay and they are also not out of phase. I can tell you that on some songs the show identical synced movemen but on others its different. Should I do some tests?
  15. M

One follow up information. The LXsirius are not just about the radiation pattern described above. They achieve very specific requirement needed for tricking your brain and thus create and astonishing auditory illusion. Whats important is the reduction of distortions This is done by driving...
  16. M

Most important parts of a working stereo system: 1. Speakers! Spend most money on those... 2. Room treatment. Spend a lot here too 3. Make sure the chain from source to speakers has low distortion. All the other things are totally meaningless. However you won't realize this until you had...
Top Bottom