Search results

1. R

Seeking Preamp Recommendation under $600

Thanks all for the input. I tried using the Nobsound NS-05P, but discovered that it worked fine Balanced in to Balanced out, and Unbalanced in to Unbalanced out, but it cannot convert Unbalanced in to Balanced out. Thinking about it now, that result is not surprising for a passive unit, but...
  2. R

Seeking Preamp Recommendation under $600

Greetings - I am building a desktop two channel audio system. I have an existing power amp, speakers and two sources (one single ended and one balanced) that I wish to utilize. The sources do not have volume control. Looking for recommendations for a preamp that will be connected between the...
  3. R

Problems with aggressive Bluetooth devices

Greetings - I hope that some smart folks here can educate me on the topic of what I call "aggressive Bluetooth." I have an iFi Zen Blue v2 that I use to add Bluetooth capability to my stereo system. The Zen Blue works great except for one frustrating issue. The Zen Blue is aggressive about...
  4. R

Streaming Service Summary

Thanks to everyone that provided feedback! I greatly appreciate the conversation. You have given me the strength to enjoy what I like and without fear of the RIAA! Now all I have to figure out is what I like (smile). I am going to try the Bluesound Node and determine if the Tidal purple MQA...
  5. R

Thanks for your feedback. People with ears that are apparently better than my old ears suggested that the resolution offered by Spotify "gave them headaches" after long listening sessions. Now I have convinced myself that I can hear the difference. I have the "twitch" that keeps me tinkering...
  6. R

Is there a high resolution path to getting Apple music into an amp? Streaming via Airplay does not seem like a high resolution path, but maybe I don't understand.
  7. R

After a few months of poking at streaming solutions for my 2 channel system, I have come to the following observations: Spotify Connect Pros: Great user interface – great for discovery – Spotify Connect is widely supported Cons: Music is relatively low resolution – all the forum members will...
Top Bottom