Search results

1. M

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Yeah, it’s very repetitive and fluffy and once I saw a video I that endorsed the non-measurable difference in cables I hit that unsubscribe button pronto. And to me the guy come off like he may sell waterbeds in another life. Not my thing. I mean at least z-reviews celebrates his...
  2. M

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

If I’m going line array, i am going either with: A) a small company that employs and publishes rigorous testing and measurements following established principles B) an essentially diy based on such principles. C) a company with a proven track record for engineering such things at a...
  3. M

Umm…just so my intent is not misunderstood…I’m with Amir. I was just pointing out the specious logic of Mr Alexander’s complaint. He can’t have it both ways. A widely accepted measurement based testing protocols and performance criteria were used to test something, in good faith and...
  4. M

I hesitate to wade in here but… the above text is very clear; 1) the speakers designed by Mr Alexander can be divided into two categories based on how they are engineered for two different markets/users. One category is professional/audio production; speakers for that category should be...
  5. M

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

in theory (electrically and in terms of audio signal transmission) there is nothing inherently awful with them. Except for the risk of shorting live male plugs by careless users. In practice the issue is that it’s not a really a proper a standard. The bannans plugs and jacks found in home...
  6. M

Ah of course sorry I missed that fact. Still, the speaker screw downs are insulated and dc plug is insulated. and while I can’t tell from the photos on this one but on some devices the female jack is slightly recessed so that plug insulation extends into the chassis a mm or two such that it’s...
  7. M

2 ohm friendly ? With loads of power at 2 ohm? Velcro tape one of these on the back of an apogee ribbon speaker or magnapan.
  8. M

No place else to put that dc jack as far as I can tell. Unless one is using big spade connectors or carelessly using bare wire, the chances of the speaker shorting to the dc power plug is very very tiny considering that the dc plug is insulated. And if the nearest jack is a negative terminal...
  9. M

Unless one is using wireless for the line level, I suppose. Buy yeah, monoblocks for channel separation and independent power supplies. Or center channel I guess. And because…they are cool.
  10. M

Monoblocks are not usually as “integrated amps”, but a pure power amps. monoblock devotees will have separate preamps/receivers/streamers, etc. And how exactly would you use an integrated volume control since each MONO amp powers only ONE channel? would have to adjust EACH Amp separately...
  11. M

I seriously doubt there is any issue or much sinaid gain from greater distance. I would surmise it’s not different from the output of a traditional linear ps amp rails. It’s bit like its next to the line level inputs and there is not going to be long runs of speaker out wiring running parallel...
  12. M

Unlikely to happen for several good reasons I mention elsewhere in the thread. unless they create a different product and likely somewhat modular case product line. Like topping did with their RA3, a “rack mount” form factor version of the pa3. The RA3 is 1u height but full width. Sort of...
  13. M

Far less expensive to manufacture, source the PS fabricator, deal with international regs, AND get proper safety certifications for the high voltage parts. You certify ONE 48v/5amp supply and use it for multiple amps, rather than get separate certifications for every amp. Also easier to...
  14. M

Looks like these mono have selections gain on the back? Could be handy for avr that output lower than ideal line out voltages.
  15. M

lol: It’s only a matter of time until someone makes a “base” akin to a McIntosh 2200, with the wiring in the bottom and the amps sticking up vertically and the power supplies housed behind inside some metal transformer covers. Excellent amp, and the option of powering two mono amps from...
  16. M

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

Just had a funny vision of a bechmark dac plugged into a $150 fosi chip amp…
  17. M

Polk ES60 Tower Speaker Review

Accessories4less. Have used them before and seem very reliable. Items are in brand new condition in my experience. They also carry Denon, Marantz, kef etc. Also Polks own eBay refurbished store might have them.
  18. M

One can buy a PAIR of these factory refurbished with Polk full warranty for $600 with FREE shipping. For those of us who enjoy great audio, but have a pretty big room (open plan room of 1000 sq ft), in a system used 50/50 for 2 channel music/multichannel video), who don’t a ton of...
  19. M

Yes I see what you yes I see what you mean. I don’t mind reasonably boosted uppers as I am 50+ and can use help there. This curve seems almost the inverse of the old “English” speaker curves with a dip in the presence region intended among other things to make the sound stage seem bigger...
  20. M

Holy crap. That is a golfing panther hole in one endorsement
Top Bottom