Search results

1. G

Rear wall reflection absorption

I see plenty of discussion on front / side walls on here but I'm seeking advice on rear wall treatment. My living room is only about ~4m across. I use curtains on the large window on to me left, and the right is completely open into the rest of the room. Rear wall... The couch is right up...
  2. G

Relative importance of different speaker metrics?

We are bombarded with a lot of specs and measurements here with these amazing speaker reviews, but how do you objectively compare different speakers? I'm thinking here something like the Dutch and Dutch 8Cs which Erin reviewed, and their performance in terms of dispersion is simply...
  3. G

Does such a beast exist: ADC Digital Preamplifier

I see a trend towards new products that promote DSP solutions in active speakers. Dutch and Dutch 8C, Kii Threes, Grimm LS1be, just to name a few I saw recently. All of these have something in common: AES3 inputs. This got me thinking of a new product line: A digital ADC preamp. Basically...
  4. G

Volume through walls of speakers with rear bass drivers

I have a shower thought that I wanted to run by someone who understands this better than I do. Most speakers especially in the bass (sub 150Hz) region have spherical radiation pattern. So on theory the volume for these lower frequencies is the same standing in front of the woofer as behind...
Top Bottom