Search results

1. S

USB to AES/EBU: the solution?

Thanks for pointing out those test results! I see that the su-u8 was ranked bellow singxer su-1 and this last one was actually tested here, by @amirm, ending up as not recommended. There is indeed a big price difference between the su-u8 and su-1, but it makes me wonder if puc2 may actually...
  2. S

USB to AES/EBU: the solution?

I saw that https://www.audiophonics.fr/fr/inte...2s-2x-tcxo-alimentation-230v-otg-p-10547.html is similar to PUC2 lite. From what I read, they use the same chipset. Is there anything special about PUC2 that would justify the price difference (except the fact that PUC2 is probably produced in...
  3. S

Best Measuring USB to AES Interface

can you please provide a link to this product?
  4. S

How to make most of my room/listening position?

The toys are here, so let the fun begin :) I've made my first calibration (single point, individual eq, cloud autocal 2). I don't know yet how to fully interpret the measurements, but I was wondering why some of the big dips can't be corrected by GLM (e.g. between 150-180 HZ)? It means that...
  5. S

After another push back I've decided to cancel my order and went for 8330 + GLM kit instead. Hopefully, the new toys will be with me in two weeks and I'll be able to report back. Meanwhile, this is the first desk position I'm going to try. Behind me, there are a bit more than 2m up to the wall...
  6. S

Digital XLR outputs - list of streamers or computer interfaces with AES/EBU

Technics SU-R1 is an (expensive) option at about 7000 EUR in Europe. Technics SL-G700 is a bit more affordable (if you can say that for a 2500 EUR streamer) but only has coaxial and optical outputs.
  7. S

Thank you! Once I receive the monitors I’ll test that placement as well. And most probably end up playing with REW as well. The big problem now is that the shipping date for my monitors has been pushed back :(
  8. S

Thank you! It does look tricky, indeed. Even more so when I don’t have the knowledge to make it better :). For now I’m thinking to place the new desk close to the wall with the two small windows, trying to follow the Genelec recommendations: less than 60 cm from the back wall to the monitors...
  9. S

I'm waiting for my first pair of monitor speakers to arrive (Genelec 8030) and I've just realised that my current desk setup may not be the best for what those speakers can offer. I must say that I have no technical background in audio/sound engineering and that the speakers will sit on my desk...
  10. S

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

I feel the same, but only by looking at the physical size and specs. I wish I could test them before deciding between Elac and Genelec, but I have no way to do this where I live. Nobody is showcasing the Elacs
  11. S

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Hello everybody as this is my first post here! Thanks for all the valuable information you provide. Can anyone tell me the minimum recommended listening distance for these speakers? I'm planning to use them really close (about 0.7 m) and I can't decide between these and Genelec 8030.
Top Bottom