Search results

1. 807Recordings

Stereo Bass using subwoofers

Interesting this topic as a producer (yes electronic) I have found with synthesizers and bass if I mono the signal at say 80Hz something did get lost. Often I would do this because the end format was vinyl. What I have done though is started to go lower X-Over to say 50Hz with a different slope...
  2. 807Recordings

Marantz Cinema 50 vs Marantz SR8015

Question: Has anyone done any network scans or vulnerability scans on the latest generation of devices? I was doing some Pentesting of my home network and on my SR6011 version found some CVE. Ran it past Marantz, so far just a run around. I have of course isolated the device but would be...
  3. 807Recordings

Which Selection and Types of Studios Monitors For Mixing?

Good monitors, rooms, help along with quality of the material. Nothing trumps experience and what you just mentioned seems to confirm that and how we can be adaptable to our environments (within reason).
  4. 807Recordings

So sometimes I will do a final mixdown and move over the airpods and usually instantly I can tell if I was a little too heavy on the kick, bass, etc. However what I have found is that it does not always translate well in the area of subtle dynamics. At times I will run a compressor on my synths...
  5. 807Recordings

NS10's have never helped me produce the music I do. My music is mostly Detroit Techno, but lately and for the last decade maybe even more electronic and dub, slower BPM. That part announced because: Currently using JBL 305s with their subs in a very very small well absorbed 2meter by 2meter...
  6. 807Recordings

New mysterious Genelec monitors

It would be interesting to see if we can get a truly SOTA flagship speaker tested independently on a SOTA test system. At the very least this can be referenced on what is achievable and hopefully what we can aspire to. Perhaps years down the road we can look back in the timeline when this...
  7. 807Recordings

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

maybe their own stand is an option? https://www.genelec.com/en/accessories/8000-325b/w-table-stand-l-shape I am considering this but sort of 50/50 on the 41vs51 models due to small space.
  8. 807Recordings

Genelec 8351B Review (Studio Monitor)

It sure wouldn't hurt to raise both the loudspeakers and monitor into a better ergo position. I have similar setup but with JBL and both are raised a bit more 16cm for monitor 27" and 22cm with the speakers slightly tilted. Also I have side panels as my room is about 1.6 meters wide.
  9. 807Recordings

ATC speakers / Monitors

I have just had it with hearing NS10 arguments in the past, then it is this brand XXXX, cables are better, etc, etc when the data clearly doesn't coincide. An industry when anyone can say they are an engineer and yet not even understand the basic concepts doesn't hold high regards for opinions...
  10. 807Recordings

ATC speakers / Monitors

Gearspace maybe one of the most subjective group of non pros there is. Many of the pros there simply moved on due to the constant arguments on how (I know better) when proven measured performance was presented. Pro world of music means nothing outside someone makes a living from it, and sadly...
  11. 807Recordings

Mastering Mix bus EQ Noise Floors

I am not sure I agree with that as I have tested, had, owned, various EQ and in some cases the highly desired types have added noise. Mostly active types and of the valve types. Better EQ I would imagine are better of course but at least in theory software should have a lower noise floor when...
  12. 807Recordings

Strange measurement. Is my LSR310S sub toasted?

I still go back to my JBL SVA 2100s with subs for that chest kick. Electronic Music, especially techno (I produce-not dance music) has kicks below 40Hz and I purposely have bass information down to 20Hz. Sometimes notes between 20-30Hz as a big PA/Club system will easily reproduce that and it is...
  13. 807Recordings

Strange measurement. Is my LSR310S sub toasted?

Also check the sub is not in club mode. I believe there is a switch there which allows the sub to mimic club bass response. This is a bit bumped in certain frequencies and I believe a faster roll off. Don't quote me as I do not have the manual in front of me to give exact numbers.
  14. 807Recordings

Mastering Mix bus EQ Noise Floors

One of the things that has me wondering in my potential search for an Analog Mastering/mix bus EQ is noise floors. Subjectively the better EQ's I have tested and worked with I didn't notice huge noise floor levels but if measuring there is of course an elevation in the noise floor. Does anyone...
  15. 807Recordings

Are GIK Acoustic's Sound Blocks really a revolutionary concept?

GIK: I found them to be pretty helpful in offering some real acoustic advice and actually in my earlier years helped explain some concepts. I think it was Brian (could be wrong name) who explained what is possible and not in one of my rooms. At least it set me on a better understanding that I...
  16. 807Recordings

A long time without a studio

I am curious how much better the 308 would be but when I tried them here with out the sub in my small studio (treated) the size was just a touch too big. I am with in 1 meter of the speakers. Currently I also have in my home theatre/living area the JBL SVA 2100 plus the 580s all around for...
  17. 807Recordings

A long time without a studio

JBL 305 and sub I think will come under your budget. Google around your area. In terms of accuracy and as someone who is a producer in Electronic music I can say they hit well above their price suggests.
  18. 807Recordings

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

Frequency deviations can certainly push out elements in a mix/song/track that had not previously been heard before. ;-) More often I find monitors that are accurate to be closer in details than huge differences.
Top Bottom