Search results

1. JaMaSt

How do I plug this cable into this hole?

Yes. I'd consider this one because its less expensive and has a Prime option...
  2. JaMaSt

How do I plug this cable into this hole?

I think this is what you are looking for. https://www.amazon.com/KK-Cable-Headphone-Balanced-Upgrade/dp/B07SFK74Q6
  3. JaMaSt

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

Not wanting to derail the post (heck, I'm not even remotely in the market for speakers), but what is meant by "passive array"?
  4. JaMaSt

Lenire Tinnitus Treatment

This exactly maps with my own case. When I get home from work, there is often a continuous "hiss" sound in both ears. Probably due to high blood pressure from typical work-a-day stress. I've had this for 30+ years. IEMs, and a music tract with a pronounced and repetitive bass thump, causes...
  5. JaMaSt

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

When we describe with words [word salad/commentary] what we experience in one sense modality, we make analogies with experiences in other sense modalities. No one of our single senses has its own "unique" words. That's not how the brain works. All sensory experiences are multi-modal and can...
  6. JaMaSt

What are we listening to right now..

Well, it will be interesting to see what pops up on my You Tube rec's for the next week or two :p
  7. JaMaSt

Stereophile and Audio Cables

Lol. I did something similar. Awhile back I had the Schitt Loki tone control. I was trying to determine if it affected the sound when it was in bypass. I determined that it did degradate the sound in bypass. I took a break and came back later to resume testing - turning it off then on...
  8. JaMaSt

And its only real "thinking" role is controlling movement of the body.
  9. JaMaSt

My above quote can perhaps shed some light on what is a false "dichotomy" between rationality and emotions. They are all intertwined in a healthy, well function mind - for good, survival reasons. Phineas Gage, mentioned above, was someone who suffered a horrible accident which subtly affected...
  10. JaMaSt

Somatic marker hypothesis. While I'm not sure Damasio still supports this thesis, there are a lot of interesting current investigations into the issue. He was one of the first in the early 1990's that bravely tackled the issue. [There was still the lingering specter of Behaviorism in Academia...
  11. JaMaSt

Cognitive Bias Criticism Cognitive bias theory loses the sight of any distinction between reason and bias. If every bias can be seen as a reason, and every reason can be seen as a bias, then the distinction is lost.[69] Criticism against theories of cognitive biases is usually founded in the...
  12. JaMaSt

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3887364/ In summary, unlike most other sensory modalities, afferents from the olfactory sensory system (a) bypass the first-order, relay thalamus, (b) directly target the cortex ipsilaterally (Shepherd and Greer, 1998; Tham et al., 2009), which...
  13. JaMaSt

What are we listening to right now..

How does a Canuck get Southern Twang?
  14. JaMaSt

There are numerous posts in this thread making allusions to "bias studies" - as though bias studies are (somehow) able to transcend "bias" and present an un-biased scientific fact. It's science, don'cha know. "Bias studies" are just a (passing) fad in psychology. It's Behaviorism 2.0.
  15. JaMaSt

I think I can explain the pterodactyl.... :p
  16. JaMaSt

A Call For Humor!

17. JaMaSt

A Call For Humor!

18. JaMaSt

Text to Image AI Generation

Yes. There are HITL (Humans-In-The-Loop) behind all Chatbots. No weighting is taking place not set by humans. What is ChatGPT Doing? The first thing to explain is that what ChatGPT is always fundamentally trying to do is to produce a “reasonable continuation” of whatever text it’s got so...
  19. JaMaSt

Fallout on Amazon

Top Bottom