Search results

1. The French

Sabaj A10d 2022 Version Review (DAC & Amp)

You're right. Sounds like it was more that click noise issue. I've got that issue as well. I don't know if it has something to do with the Genelec, mine were also clicking when music starts. It was doing it loudly on my 8010...until I used -10db on the Genelec switch. It's still there, but much...
  2. The French

We all have that issue, which isn't an issue once you've been warned. :) The volume is factory set at 100. So you just have to lower the volume before plugging your speakers to the DAC. And then, there's no more issue. It then remembers the last volume level, so you're good to go.
  3. The French

Received mine today. Same here with the volume from the factory : 100 My main complaint is, it does clicks when I play, move forward or backward, pause etc. No clicks when I'm only listening. Is it normal ?
  4. The French

Genelec 8010A Powered Studio Monitor Review

I'm gonna try the manual way. I'd have bought the 7040 if it wasn't so expensive, and big (for my desk). In fact I'm sure the tiniest fostex sub, the PM submini2, would be more than enough for my need. But no XLR., and I'll have to play with the mic and REW to adjust the best I could.
  5. The French

I'm a bit confused by that internal crossover thing. I understand that the 7040 crossover is fixed (at around 85Hz). But how can that specific crossover be right for different speakers ? I mean, the 8010s, 8020 or 8030s do not have the same bass abilities, right ? Isn't it better to adjust...
  6. The French

Bought a pair of these few days ago, and could not be more happier. My only concern is, of course, the lack of bass. I listen to a lot of electronic music. Some might say it would be better to get 8030...but those are much larger, and I'm not sure they are that better for a tiny desktop, than...
  7. The French

Which integrated amplifier under 600 ?

I've seen it in person last week end. It looks nice, and I will be happy with it. But nothing compared to your old CA-2010...side by side the 803 would looks like a cheap, but modern, replica.
  8. The French

The problem I have with SMSL, is the size of the devices. Just like Topping products, they fit well on a desk, but they look very very small in a living room. They look like toy in a way. And their remotes are almost always identical (and tiny as well). I finally ordered the Yamaha R-N803D in...
  9. The French

My source is a Chromecast Audio, which has not a great DAC, but which does have an optical output. :( So I need the optical intput (and a dac).
  10. The French

If you're talking about the 803, it's more than $600 brand new, but there are plenty of used at around 600. Anthem 225l doesn't have an optical input right ? (mandatory to me as my main/only source is a Chromecast audio)
  11. The French

Yeah, that's something Topping has to work on : being more sexy. The PA5 in a bigger metal box, would be much more "audiophile" compatible. And they'll need to change their brand name too. :cool: I'll try to find a store with a Yamaha 301 to hear it. Looks like a good Q/P product.
  12. The French

The problem with those tiny devices, is their look. In my living room, they won't "fit' my wife's requirements. And I need a subwoofer output. Plus, I've seen very concerning reviews regarding some Aiyima's amps. One example : I know there are also a lot of defective Topping products (I've had...
  13. The French

Thanks ! The A-S301 seems to be available in silver as well. I've been able to see the N803 today, not as bulky as I thought it would be, but if it does have the vintage look, the quality of the volume knob is questionnable. :( I probably shouldn't expect top notch quality at that price. I will...
  14. The French

Good Evening or morning, :) I do have a pair of 20yo bookshelf speakers (Boston VR-M50), a Klipsch subwoofer, and a 12 years old Denon Ceol all in one amplifier. As I'll be moving in a much bigger house soon, I want to change the amplifier. to get more power, and a nice piece of equipment. I...
  15. The French

Verum Audio Verum 1 Review (Headphone)

On Headfi, a pair usually doesn't last more than a day. Even when sold at the original price. But you're right, normal people have never heard about Verum One, or of the Sash Tres. Regarding the neck training session, you should wear an Audeze planar for few hours...the Verum One are rather...
  16. The French

I have that feeling with the Sundara (the music beeing presented in frony of me), but it still sound good. They just lack a bit of bass, and most importantly for me, the timbre aren't correct. The Verum One is clearly playing in my head. :)
  17. The French

I have both, and find the Verum One much better. The Sundara is better in terms of distance to the scene, but the Verum One is better on every other aspects. Including comfort : the pivot on the top is great, the leather pads are confortable, the clamping is perfect, it's heavy but not that...
  18. The French

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Have you tried the genric one here ? https://www.reddit.com/r/oratory1990/wiki/index/list_of_presets/#wiki_full_list_of_eq_settings.3A I'm not sure Bamboo, or any external material, has such an importance. For Closed Back HP, it should, but for Open Back...I'm not that sure.
  19. The French

Headphone amp you like better than RME ADI-2 DAC's amp?

The RME ADI-2 is not really endgame to me. The DAC and AMP sections are great, and I'm very happy with it, don't get me wrong. Soundwise, I'm pretty sure I won't hear anything better. But it does have some extra features, and I think there is still a lot to improve on those. First, the UX. It's...
Top Bottom