Search results

1. urfaust

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

What do you mean by dongles? I have an XLR to 4.4mm adaptor always on and it isn't doing anything when using other outputs. I think this is only when you put an actual load on, but others can chime in about that.
  2. urfaust

Singxer SA-1 Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

I got the V2 a few days ago from audiophonics. From what i remember reading somewhere it is supposed to fix the impedance dependency at high level. V2 sounds very good but that's not a measurement, i would be very curious to see it retested. Visually, no difference afaik, besides the V2 print...
  3. urfaust

Topping DX7 Pro+ Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Wow ok, always thought it was a bug. Yes it's annoying, especially when you are on the headphone amp, takes age to go through something like 10db
  4. urfaust

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

The whole topic of where you should modulate levels, from dac, pre amp, amp and possibly software attenuation (win fe).
  5. urfaust

I have a little annoying issue with it, otherwise it's been a charm to use a combo on desktop. I can't swap the level change incrementation. I get into the startup menu and go from 0.5db to 1.db incrementations, then saves the settings but it never actually works and still go 0.5 by 0.5, which i...
  6. urfaust

Thanks, it's only when i put the dac in SYNC mode to avoid optical tv dropout. I don't have issues in USB. Was it for every inputs for you?
  7. urfaust

I got the dx7+ pro as a part of a second setup today. I get the drop out in optical with a Samsung S95b, the only way i found to fix it is to put the dac in "SYNC" mode, but the moment i do that and begins to cycle the inputs i get a "DAC ERROR" and it gets stuck (i think when it reaches IIS in...
  8. urfaust

Focal Solo6 Be Review (Studio Monitor)

Quoting myself, since then i not only got the ST6 but stepped up to the Twin ST6, paired with my sb4000 sub. Will possibly write some tidbits more in details later but to get this out right off the bat, they fixed all the little things i disliked and listed above with the solo. Only one remains...
  9. urfaust

Focal Solo6 Be Review (Studio Monitor)

I had the solo6 for a while, one of the best bookshelf ive heard, if not the best with a few culprits. Hiss was audible on a desk. They were getting hot indeed on a desk but that wasn't bother me much. Highs were fantastic, i thought however the woofer crossover felt a bit low, leaving a tad too...
  10. urfaust

FiiO FD5 Review (IEM)

Amazing you are reviewing more IEM's Amirm! I can't wait for some more. I had the Fiio FH5, different driver design. It had some flaws imo. Makes me want to try this one out now.
  11. urfaust

PC Motherboard ROG SupremeFX7.1 (DAC ESS® ES9023P) versus Audioengine HD6 (AKM AK4396A DAC)

In my experience with very sensible iem the difference between my rog audio output (maximus code motherboard) and a topping d30 pro is night and day, i could sort them out blind very easily, if not only for the noise level that is extremely obvious. As said by others there s an analog stage on...
  12. urfaust

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

This truely deserves a game changer title. Curious about an in depth typology review.
  13. urfaust

Measurement&Review of Luxury&Precision W1/W2 Portable USB DAC-Amp

FFT spectrum isn't pretty (looks worse than previous W2 even) but probably ok as the worst part of it is in the low end. I almost wish this thing would have a optical input to have a sota class dac/amp combo on the go :D ps: As it is surely the best dongle around, we need the v2 tested here!
  14. urfaust

Do we really need headphone amps for IEMs?

Specs of the D30p say 20 ohm on the RCA, would that change the behavior of the IEM? I could not detect it myself compared to its usual frequency response (on the Mangrid for example). Im not sure it translates in same fashion as those higher impedance jack plugs, tilting the frequency response...
  15. urfaust

What do you mean by active IEM? Btw i compared with the apple dongle that i have too, which was rated here in the review at 31mw @ 33 ohm, so the DAC alone is definately producing more than that. It's difficult to say exaclty but trying to level match i would say at least two times based on...
  16. urfaust

On the flipside, this is crazy but if for no reason i plug those IEMs to my motherboard output (that is supposed to be amped), sound is anemic and terrible with very noticeable noise background, as they are very sensitive (could blind test this all day). Same on the headphone output of the TV...
  17. urfaust

Tried them all, levels vary but they are all usable in this configuration with serious driving power. I would say the Mangrid gets the most, at 25%, it's already quite loud.
  18. urfaust

Last week i sold my headphone amp for some reasons so before getting a replacement i had just the dac to listen to music on my desktop (D30pro) and out curiosity i plugged in my IEMs directly to the DAC on the outputs. I tried both RCA and XLR with a little adapter. To my surprise SQ was...
  19. urfaust

Measurement&Review of Luxury&Precision W1/W2 Portable USB DAC-Amp

Check Wolf's review. Pretty good, still about 105dB SINAD at 50mV and that impedance. https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/measurementreview-of-luxuryprecision-w1/ (Also W2 measurements)
  20. urfaust

MQA decoding in DACs

How do we know that? the albums tested as MQA are still there, like for example https://open.qobuz.com/album/yivch5m465swc It's not what im concerned about, it's that those without a MQA capable dac, will get actually worse than MQA, as we don't have access anymore to that 24/192 files on some...
Top Bottom