Search results

1. Sokel

Multisockets,do they make a difference?

Curious about everything I decided to test two multisockets against each other. Nothing exotic about them,just decent at a price tag around 40 euros each. What made me test then was a difference I'll report later. What you're about to see is a whole system measurement,just before the amps. That...
  2. Sokel

PCM vs DSD

Did a little comparison and I was wondering if any friend with better gear here has tested this. Results you're about to see is probably narrowed to the specific DAC but it's interesting to see how it handles things differently. I will not try to decipher the results other that DSD seems much...
  3. Sokel

Foobar setup

I hope this will help some friends setting up Foobar. You have to download the latest version here (better download the 32bit version as 64bit is new and old components don't work with it) https://www.foobar2000.org/download For DSD: You have to download and install the following...
  4. Sokel

Cheap analog electronic crossover

I've been playing lately with a very cheap analog 2-in/4-out analog crossover. Is somehow DIY but very easy to fix. To my surprise it measures very decently! (note that has been measured with the worst possible conditions,long cables soldered just to see,adapters,noisy PSU and by someone totally...
  5. Sokel

"Audiophile" motherboards

I'm talking about the ones who advertise "audiophile" grade constructions,with separate USB paths,etc. Truth or snake oil?And do we have any measurements?
  6. Sokel

Bass Arrays

I was suggested (among others) of a custom array of bass drivers (from floor to ceiling) as a good bass option (for stereo,only).What's your experience with a solution like this? One of the cons is the fixed position obviously (practically is like in wall).Other?
  7. Sokel

Pricing in general

After a discussion with a member about my choice of amp in the preferable amp thread (Audio Analogue Donizetti) I would like to ask the people who work or worked in the industry what is considered as a fair price in general,NOT for the specific amp but in general.Lets not only consider the...
Top Bottom