Search results

1. Rufus T. Firefly

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

Upon further review and listening to different types of music I have decided that these are not for me. They seem a bit shrill but to be fair I didn't fool much with them and ended up passing them off to the better half.
  2. Rufus T. Firefly

Stereophile and Audio Cables

I had to stop at aspirin to LSD.
  3. Rufus T. Firefly

TANCHJIM One IEM Review

Arrived today, ordering a second pair. Haven't had a chance to really give it much thought but these may permanently replace my Shure 425's and maybe put a little money back into my pocket. How often does that happen in replacing audio gear?
  4. Rufus T. Firefly

PrimaLuna Dialogue Three Preamp Review

Did already my friend, have a great night. The last word is yours.
  5. Rufus T. Firefly

Except for this part I guess Do F1 Cars Have Clutches? F1 cars do have clutches. It is a single clutch, usually made out of carbon. The whole thing weighs about 1.5 kg, with a normal clutch system weighing upwards of 50 kg in some cases. Weight saving is critical in F1, where there is so much...
  6. Rufus T. Firefly

Agree to disagree I guess. If you are curious... https://flowracers.com/blog/do-f1-cars-have-a-clutch/
  7. Rufus T. Firefly

Why is that F1 uses sequential manual transmissions? Could it be that they are more efficient, weigh less and are faster than DCT?
  8. Rufus T. Firefly

Silo (TV series)

Or maybe some quality sci-fi like Foundation.
  9. Rufus T. Firefly

Silo (TV series)

At this point I would seriously rather watch paint dry.
  10. Rufus T. Firefly

How NOT to set up speakers and room treatment ( Goldensound)

As did I. I've only listened on my laptop though, not sure that that's a fair test as were are discussing a full system set up thoughtfully in a room.
  11. Rufus T. Firefly

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

If you're looking for a TV this 55 inch OLED from Sony is ridiculously cheap at $1200 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-55-class-bravia-xr-a90j-series-oled-4k-uhd-smart-google-tv/6450479.p?skuId=6450479
  12. Rufus T. Firefly

What do you suggest for portable speaker

I really like my Soundlink Mini. I also own a UE Roll that is meh at best and an Audio Pro T3. The T3 has the better sound and an improved batter that one can also USB charge from but you give up a lot of portability to the Bose. For home I would go with the T3 for travel I would go with the...
  13. Rufus T. Firefly

Cambridge Audio CXN V2 Measurements (Streamer & DAC)

Hooked the unit up today and so far I am pleased. Set up was simple and only took about 10 minutes to update firmware and get music playing through Spotify Connect. My current amp doesn't have balanced inputs so the sub will be out of commission until I free up the line outputs. But so far so...
  14. Rufus T. Firefly

Record breaker: Raphaelite CS30-MKII tube amplifier review and measurements

I think it was listening to Ron Levy's Praying the Blues when I first had that "tubes make a difference" moment. It was just better sounding in a way that you describe as if you were in my head.
  15. Rufus T. Firefly

Record breaker: Raphaelite CS30-MKII tube amplifier review and measurements

Fantastic review, TYVM! I feel like I want to own a tube amp again.
  16. Rufus T. Firefly

It started to not play, it would say that it was connected to Spotty Connect on my devices but I couldn't it to send a signal out. That's the best explanation I have. And it didn't happen all at once it was a gradual thing over a couple of months. I tried all the usual tricks, unplugging...
  17. Rufus T. Firefly

Backatcha! I ordered from Audio Advisors for $999, no tax and free shipping. I figure it will be replaced by an upgraded model with better DAC's and maybe HDMI eARC and at least $500 more than I spent. I have a CA Azure CD player with the twin Wolfson DAC's and I think they sound great.
  18. Rufus T. Firefly

Good to hear, I'm moving on from an Allo Boss2 that worked great for a while then was unreliable. Not sure which way I'm going to go for the amp. I think both are pretty much the same but for reason I feel better about the Audiophonics. It'll probably be a little while I have two older amps...
  19. Rufus T. Firefly

Finally pulled the trigger on this unit. Next decision will be to pair it with a new 2 ch Purfi amp from either Buckeye or Audiophonics...or ?
  20. Rufus T. Firefly

The Case Against OLED

I just set up a new Sony 90K OLED that I received as a warranty replacement for my XBR A9S. The A9S was a better tv, brighter and sharper. Viewing angles are great for both and much better than the Sony 90K LED, the full array model. The full array is waaaay brighter. Also if you are looking...
Top Bottom