Search results

1. Y

KEF R11 (Non-Meta) with Benchmark AHB2 and Buckeye NC252MP

So, another development: previously, I had been streaming music via Volumio (which is integrated into the MiniDSP SHD). Last weekend, I added a WiiM Pro (using SPDIF out to the MiniDSP) to handle streaming duties. The addition of the WiiM made the KEF R11s sound more lively/dynamic. Presumably...
  2. Y

Interesting thanks - I haven't run Dirac on the R11s yet. I'll be interested to see how that turns out.
  3. Y

Possibly! FWIW, I started with the middle gain setting and then after a while I changed it to the highest gain setting.
  4. Y

You're right - "significant" is probably overstating the difference.
  5. Y

I have a pair of non-meta KEF R11s. Before buying them, I noticed that professional reviewers generally gave them very positive reviews, while owners posting on audiophile forums tended to be underwhelmed. I first paired the speakers with the Benchmark AHB2 amp and had the same reaction as the...
  6. Y

Kef R Meta Series Release

I was thinking (hoping) that if the height speakers just handle atmospherics then that's a pretty light load and using an R8 meta might be overkill and perhaps it'd be hard to distinguish it from a Q50A.
  7. Y

If you are thinking of using these as ceiling- or wall-mounted Atmos height speakers, do you think one would notice an appreciable difference between an R8 meta and a Q50a?
  8. Y

That is interesting - so would that design approach make the R8 META less-than-optimal for a ceiling-mounted Atmos down-firing speaker? As exm notes, the marketing materials indicate a broader application for the speaker. Thanks!
  9. Y

Minidsp SHD: Spotify connect

I just followed the user manual's instructions and got Spotify Connect plugin to work on Volumio. It didn't seem to work at first but after I turned the unit off and back on it started working for me and I haven't had any issues since.
  10. Y

Peachtree Gan 1 beta testing sign-ups open

Very interested to see how well-implemented GaN amplifiers compare with Hypex and Purifi amps.
  11. Y

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

I bought the 580s and I have no need for them. I have no idea what I am going to do with them. I just couldn't pass up that deal. I have too many speakers already. Argh.
  12. Y

Ohm Walsh Speakers

Thanks - I just bought the SHD for my Zu's so I'll definitely report back when my 3000's come in. I ordered them in August 2021, so am expecting delivery within a month or two.
  13. Y

Ohm Walsh Speakers

For whatever reason, I am drawn to speakers designed by individuals who take an unusual approach to sound reproduction: Sean Casey/Zu, Eric Alexander/Tekton, Clayton Shaw/Spatial, and I just picked up a used NX-Studio from a GR Research kit. I am the same way with amps. Anyway, I have a pair...
  14. Y

Help Me Decide: MiniDSP SHD or Computer+DAC?

I had, yes. OK, I don't know how to explain this, but it is working now for the first time. Thanks - I have no idea why it didn't work in the first place and why it works now.
  15. Y

Help Me Decide: MiniDSP SHD or Computer+DAC?

For you SHD-savvy folks: I am having issues with Spotify Connect on Volumio with my iPhone (I am a Spotify premium member). I installed both the Spotify plugin the 3rd party Spotify Connect plugin. But I can't get Spotify connect to work - I can only connect over Airplay which is suboptimal...
  16. Y

What 15" woofer is better for open baffle?

I have a pair of Eminence Alpha 15s I'm happy to donate to you if you are in central VA
  17. Y

JBL Stage 125C Review (Center Speaker)

Crutchfield has a sale on the Polk CSi A6 (now $149). Normal retail is $339.
  18. Y

miniDSP Flex

Of course this comes out a week after I buy the SHD
Top Bottom