Search results

1. W

Headphone Amplfier/PreAmp Combo

Hey ASR, I have a technical question. If you own a dac like the d70s with a preamplifier mode, and a headphone amplifier with a preamp/amplifier (Burson soloist) Could running the dac in preamp mode potentially damage the amplifier/preamp combo?
  2. W

A90 vs Burson Soloist 3X

I received the Burson Soloist 3X this week. Compared to my THX 889 it sounds warmer and a bit more colored somewhat tubey. (I am assuming that is due to the vivid op amp). WAYYY more dynamic. Bass and mids sound much more controlled, alive, and cleaner. However, I actually prefer the thx...
  3. W

Line level for amplifier?

Hey ASR, I am currently running a topping d70s and Burson soloist 3X. The Burson supposedly has a preamp builtin but I am not sure if it runs through the preamplifier while on headphone mode. Burson stated to send the signal from the dac at line level. I have been using the setup with the...
  4. W

4v standard vs 5v

Exactly this. I emailed Burson and they told me it’s the standard voltage which would be 4v
  5. W

4v standard vs 5v

The standard for XLR voltage is 4v but a lot of DACs put out 5v like my topping d70s. Could this potentially harm a headphone amplifier? My Burson Soloist 3X arrives today and I want to treat it well.
  6. W

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

I’ve always been under the impression that akm dacs are superior to saber? Also that the measured performance on both dacs is beyond the range of human hearing. According to Amir’s tests
  7. W

Arya/Ananda Hybrid

Would this apply to the Adorama He6se V2
  8. W

Arya/Ananda Hybrid

I will try the he6se. Thank you for your input. I have heard fantastic things about them
  9. W

Arya/Ananda Hybrid

It's not even debatable for cinema. I have shown many people close to me including bringing them to the local audio store to a/b against the focal clears. All the workers there had to listen because with cinema it blew all of our minds. They are not even comparable for CINEMA. Watching Our...
  10. W

Arya/Ananda Hybrid

The Arya has 10x the soundstage. Watching our planet on an oled cx with the Arya is one of the most immersive experiences I’ve ever had hands down. It’s too large for my tastes. I’d keep the Arya just for cinema it’s that massive of a difference they aren’t even comparable. Playing battlefield...
  11. W

A90 vs Burson Soloist 3X

Burson is a class a amplifier
  12. W

A90 vs Burson Soloist 3X

It starts to clip at higher volume ;(
  13. W

A90 vs Burson Soloist 3X

Hey ASR, Im in the market to replace my thx 889 for my Arya, and eventually the Susvara or Utopia. Is there a solid sound difference between the a90/soloist 3X that justifies the 2x cost increase?
  14. W

THX 889 vs A90 vs Singxer SA-1

Have you compared it to any other similarly priced amps?
  15. W

Arya/Ananda Hybrid

The soundstage of the Arya me is too large for my uses EXCEPT for watching movies.
  16. W

THX 889 vs A90 vs Singxer SA-1

Hey ASR, I have been debating between the three amps to run off of my D70s to my Arya/Anandas/M4u1/Q701/800s/Clear OGs. (I use the arya/ananda the most depending on the track) The THX 889 is currently 250$, the A90 is currently 500$ and the Singxer SA-1 is 600$. The Singxer SA-1 is the only...
  17. W

Arya/Ananda Hybrid

I listen to an absurd amount of alt/metal/classic rock and jazz. I love the Ananda tonality. I might give the OG focal clears a demo at the shop in town but once you go planar it's hard to go back(for me anyway).
  18. W

Arya/Ananda Hybrid

Hey ASR, I'm looking for a pair of headphones somewhere between Arya/Ananda (price doesn't matter). I love the tonality and in your face of the Ananda but if it was separated another foot or two it would be perfect for my taste. Has anyone found a headphone that is somewhere in the middle of...
  19. W

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

My pretty interconnects are XLR :D However, I had the same issue with my optical LG CX and yes DPLL fixed it (would cut out every 30seconds for half a second). The slight static is an entirely different issue.
Top Bottom