Search results

1. UDXL2C90

What are "monkey coffins" exactly and what are "better" designs/alternatives?

I think the Boston Acoustics A Series of the late 1980s-early 1990s would be considered one of these designs. The A70 was even a Consumer Reports 'Best Buy'!
  2. UDXL2C90

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

Is it possible to purchase a 2nd microSD card with MoOde 8.x installed on it? Swap with current 7.x microSD card? I have Allo Boss2, enjoy it. Don't want to 'brick' it trying to upgrade the OS. Thanks for any ideas!
  3. UDXL2C90

Apple TV 4K sound quality

I got a similar device to 'mdsimon2'. Inexpensive and works well. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KRWYN4R/
  4. UDXL2C90

Gustard DAC-A26... ak4499ex coming

WRT the HiFi Rose250, which I was considering a while back: I'd suggest reviewing the comments on the HiFi Rose Community discussion website, and the iOS and Android Appstores. Operation of these units can be closely tied to the quality of their mobile apps. You'll find complaints about...
  5. UDXL2C90

Dynaco A25

I still enjoy listening to my pair of Boston Acoustics A70 Mk II speakers. Purchased in 1991. This ~24" tall, ~9" deep, ~11" wide design seems to be a kind of sweet spot for modest cost, acoustic suspension speakers. You'd think one of the speaker "kit" companies would have a version...
  6. UDXL2C90

Modern retro shootout: L100 followers

It seems as if some of the speaker companies are re-discovering the acoustic suspension (closed box) designs. I have a pair of Boston Acoustics A70 II speakers from the early 1990s, and they still sound very nice, placed approximately 12" from flat back wall. The tone from this closed box...
  7. UDXL2C90

Any good passive speakers under $3k with a woofer size bigger than 6.5?

This post & photo makes me think perhaps the OP likes the sound of 1970s-90s bass-reflex and/or acoustic suspension speaker designs. I still listen to an early-1990s pair of Boston Acoustic A70 Series II speakers. They have a "richness" and soundstage that I enjoy, that is quite different from...
  8. UDXL2C90

Internet Radio - streaming services or URLs

Apple Music on AppleTV uses both TuneIn and IHeartRadio directories, I think... could it be related to the "interface" between Apple and those services? Just spit-balling here.
  9. UDXL2C90

Internet Radio - streaming services or URLs

New forum member here! :) I listen to a lot of streaming radio.. jazz, classical, ambient.. and I grew up on this way of listening with the Internet Radio station library that came within MacOS iTunes. I got used to saving and/or bookmarking the music stream URLs that iTunes used...
Top Bottom