Search results

1. X

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

Not sure if you're affected by some high frequencies or by the headphone itself. Having tried 5 400se extensively a year ago, both scenarios are possible... High frequencies above 4 to 5 KHz can be felt as pearcing / aggressive to your ears. Despite being qualified as open, the headphone...
  2. X

Revisited: Neumi BS5P Powered Bookshelf Speaker

Better to find alternatives. They won't be available in Europe any time soon (source: I asked them on amazon.com) Question: Will you make the bs5p available on amazon europe ? many people from eu are interested in them but paying 60$ for shipping is dissuasive Answer: Thanks for contacting us...
  3. X

*NEW* AKG K702 has been measured by Oratory!

Honestly, soundstage is a big word with very subjective meaning. I bought the K702 based on Rtings soundstage score + overall score, coming from a closed HP. I don't believe many headphones manage to do soundstage properly. If you want real soundstage, buy speakers. The K702 has wider soundstage...
  4. X

*NEW* AKG K702 has been measured by Oratory!

Having both K702 and 560S, you're honestly not missing on anything. The K702 has a wider soundstage but the 560S is better on all other aspects in my view. Even at 80£ or 90€, I find the K702 overpriced. Note the deal posted by Robbo still remains a good one for people interested in this headphone.
  5. X

Truthear HOLA

Got the Hola today. Glad this time Truthear got the shell molded close to a human ear and not a robot ear like their Zero. Comfort is similar to the 7Hz Zero. Sound wise, I find it a good complement to the 7Hz Zero : Hola for loud environment or laid back listening & 7Hz Zero for neutral...
  6. X

Edifier MR4 Review (Budget Monitor)

I don't recommend you the 1280. Bought both 1280 and MR4 and returned the 1280 because of poor horizontal and vertical sound dispersion. The tweeters have a small sweet spot and the overall sound only comes from the front. The MR4 allows to move around without tonality change and overall sound...
  7. X

Leave the speakers at their default settings, meaning monitor mode, LF and HF knobs at 0. Then use Peace or EQ APO with the parametric EQ from https://github.com/pierreaubert/spinorama/blob/master/datas/eq/Edifier%20MR4/iir-autoeq.txt The tweeters should be at ear height or angled so that they...
  8. X

Budget speakers (~100$) to replace old Sony amp + Sony passive speakers

Don't have much to compare with but I find the MR4 absolutely fine after EQ. Don't get the R1280, they have no soundstage at all with or without EQ. I wonder what the JBL 305p concretely bring as extra for computer speakers
  9. X

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

@solderdude Thanks for testing the Potayu pads. Got them today and they don't match your description of being softer than the originals. Mine have denser foam (not softer) than the Sennheiser pads, providing more distance between the drivers and ears. I find them more comfortable and of better...
  10. X

Doubts about HIFIMAN HE400se

My only suggestion is to buy and try them from a shop that accepts returns like Amazon. Had 5 400se in total hoping to get a good one. 4 of them had severe imbalance and the 5th had peaking high frequencies triggering ringing ears. Despite being probably the cheapest planar, I didn't keep them...
  11. X

AKG K701 Headphone Reviews (China and Austrian Made)

I'm actually looking for Aliexpress pads but not horrible ones :) Got my K702 for twice the price of these amazon pads. I don't mind if they change the FR (can still EQ after) as long as they are deeper and softer.
  12. X

AKG K701 Headphone Reviews (China and Austrian Made)

Has anyone found deeper and softer earpads than the original to increase comfort and soundstage for the K701/702 ?
  13. X

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

You wouldn't be the first to get imbalance with them. However, some songs have bad centers with voices slightly left or right. If you want to be sure, use the Peace EQ app with Effects - Crossfeed channels set fully to Mono. If still hearing things louder on one side than the other, then...
  14. X

You're right. The one I shared isn't the latest but the one pierre "created for you" using the same python code revision but getting 5.6 score instead of 5.5 on the latest. There are only small differences between them. I shared it here to make it visible on the main MR4 topic so that people can...
  15. X

I found these MR4 significantly better than the 1280T in terms of directivity/spacial quality, however with less bass extension. I could however not tolerate Maiky EQ making them sound too bright. The LF boost lowered the pre-amp due to clipping to -7dB. Using latest EQ from pierre worked much...
  16. X

Topping DX1 mini desktop DAC & AMP

Interested to see you getting to the bottom of this. Could the DX1 be "too good to be true to musicality" ? From https://focusrite.com/en/audio-interface/scarlett/scarlett-solo , the Scarlett has 430 ohm line out impedance vs 22 ohm DX1 line out impedance. The headphone impedance is < 1 ohm for...
  17. X

Edifier R1280T Powered Speaker Review

In case it can help anyone, I picked these 1280T along with the MR4 for testing. I found the 1280T being able to go lower in bass with good punch and no sign of distortion at 80dB (which is very loud at 1 meter). However, I didn't find good horizontal directivity at all. Sound seems to come out...
  18. X

@Hewbacca How would you compare these MR4 EQed versus the JBL 305 for listening to "hifi" music ?
  19. X

Hifiman HE400se Owner's Thread.

Anyone tuned Oratory EQ further to filter the aggressive 8KHz to 10KHz region ? His EQ sounds good to me except the 2 last filters that I changed so far by ear for 8.5KHz and 9.25KHz both -3dB Q4. That region can trigger "ringing ears" after a while due to the exagerated reverb.
  20. X

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Agree with you, wrote also some critics about the ergonomics of these Truthear. 1st IEM in around 15 years that I couldn't tolerate and had to return. IMO and if they don't fit, the Truthear are a good way to discourage people not used to IEMs to try others given the pain they can cause. People...
Top Bottom