Search results

1. C

Simplicity...

Lots of threads about streaming sources, DACs, mini DSP, REW... I don't have any of that. In fact the system that I was listening to today cost me just over $300. Panasonic portable CD player plugged into an MCS 3872 that I got off of the Bay for about $130. Portable CD player probably cost...
  2. C

How can this sound so good?

LOL. I go to this little pizza place that sells really good slices. And they are always jamming really good music. The sound system is these small Dual speakers mounted one to each side of this divider wall that is partially open. I don't see any sub yet there is really good bass. Frankly I am...
  3. C

Bluetooth receiver

I will be moving in a few weeks. Going to set up one of my two channel systems in the living room. Will use it for CDs and TV sound. But the roommate is already streaming to an Amazon Echo. So I thought... Why not get a Bluetooth receiver so he could stream to the system as well. I just don't...
  4. C

Garbage CD-ROM drive from Walmart

This year the LG DVD/CD burner drive in my computer took a crap. I haven't used it much lately but I have burned a few CDs with it. So I wanted to burn a Keb Mo CD the other day. I didn't have any blank CD-Rs so I went to Wally World to get some. At the same time I figured I would see if they...
  5. C

Best thing I ever bought was a decibel meter...

Haven't contributed in a while so here goes. Best thing I ever bought was a dB meter. Because it gives me information and lots of it. How loud am I listening? What does that compare to (loud conversation for example). How does one system in my house compare to another system in my house. How...
  6. C

Is there a way to quickly find a moderator to report these spammers?

I see it starting up again...
  7. C

Why is the term "warm" such a controversial subject?

I am an objectivist mainly. And that is because over the years specifications have been something I have paid attention to when buying equipment. Amps should have very little distortion. Speakers should have good dispersion characteristics. The frequency response of speakers should be fairly...
Top Bottom