Search results

1. A

Interview with Peter Comeau, director of IAG

Interesting! Peter Comeau says that measurements are only useful when designing a speaker but nonsense when reviewing a speaker.
  2. A

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

It does make me curious for the MoFI Sourcepoint 8, even though I think I might prefer the minor dips in the midrange of the Lintons than the little bumps of the Sourcepoint 8.
  3. A

Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary speaker review & measurements by Erin's Audio Corner

Unlike the Denton 85, the Super Denton only has a single wired connection so if the treble is too strong (like it is on the Denton 85) then there's no way of implementing the resistor tweak.
  4. A

It's not the so-called 'Super Linton'. Someone who lives in China heard them years ago and said the Lintons were much better.
  5. A

Denton (regular or Super), Dovedale, Linton, LEAK Sandwich ... all need their grilles on. Not only against diffraction but they are tuned/voiced with grilles on. In case of the Linton, the Denton 85 and the Super Denton, their front baffle is not veneered so I actually prefer the look of these...
  6. A

Rogers LS3/5a (BBC) Speaker Review

Hey guys, look! I spotted a true audiophile! Man, that must sound awesome!
  7. A

Rogers LS3/5a (BBC) Speaker Review

That looks painful. So most of the treble is elevated?
  8. A

Sennheiser HD560s Owner's Thread.

I just sold mine.
  9. A

Wharfedale adds larger Dovedale to Heritage line

Depends on how they are tuned. Linton is non-fatiguing (because it measures pretty much flat). Denton 85 is fatiguing (because of raised treble). The question is what did Peter Comeau do with the Dovedale? Flat or raised?
  10. A

I'm sure it's the better speaker but I'm not a fan of the looks.
  11. A

That's the only review available and people tell me to take What Hifi with a grain of salt.
  12. A

Denton 85, Linton 85, Dovedale ... all the same tweeter, but differently tuned. Denton 85 has elevated HF above 10K. I wonder how the treble of the Dovedale compares to the Linton, which has a fairly linear response. The is a serious lack of reviews and measurements.
  13. A

Show me the factory in the UK where they make "everything". All I have seen is guys in jeans assembling them with a screwdriver. Pretty sure that's all they are doing. Assembling the parts made in their huge factory in China. 6500 Euro and it's the exact same tweeter as the Linton. That's nuts!
  14. A

I bought them because to my ears they sounded balanced or linear, just like the KEF LS50, to which I compared them. Okay, the sax on the LS50 had a little more presence in that small demo room but the instruments sounded miniaturized. On the Lintons, however, the instruments sounded life-size...
  15. A

Long before Erin's measurements there was: - John Atkinson from Stereophile who said the Linton's farfield response is superbly flat, even up to 15khz. - HiFi World who said the Lintons are not soft or warm, they are accurate.
  16. A

I mimic the EQ of the filter that DIY-Audio-Heaven is selling for the HD 560S and it works wonderfully. Might even buy that filter so that I can use the headphones on every device. Sounds better to me that the extensive 9-band EQ somebody has made. I agree with Soria that the bass is good...
  17. A

Installed APO and a peaking filter of 6500 Hz, - 4 dB ( Q factor: 1.5) takes the harshness or shoutiness away while keeping the overall sound signature of the headphones.
  18. A

I bought mine for 119.9 Euro on Amazon BE.
  19. A

According to the audioscience review they sound maybe a bit too bright and there's not enough bass. You can EQ them but it isn't really necessary. I'm not much of an EQ guy since I constantly switch headphones. Did not expect adding 2 dB at 2580 Hz. That's mids. There's already enough of that!
Top Bottom