Search results

1. D

What are we listening to right now..

Wait till the guitar weeps
  2. D

Tracks with silence

There is a 4 minutes silence in this song around 5:25. Then it resumes with a very nice guitar solo.
  3. D

KEF's new Metamaterial Absorption Technology

Their KEF Control & Stream apps are a mess. I never understood why they decided to publish 2 different apps the control the same speaker anyway. I hope they take a look at it while they are releasing the new wireless version.
  4. D

Best small subwoofers with near-20Hz performance?

I'm using a B&W PV1D in a large room and SPL has never been an issue since my daughter doesn't let me to play loud music. It sure isn't a box. However, it might be a bit expensive like most scandinavian furnitures :) I also love the invisible cables that come with it.
  5. D

Speaker De-coupling

Mechanically speaking there are two ways to change the natural frequency of a spring mass system. You can either change the spring coefficient by placing something underneath the speaker as suggested, or you can attach something heavy the speakers :)
  6. D

Future DIY Speaker Testing Strategy?

Seeing the word pandemic in a topic about loudspeakers made me wonder about the natural frequency response of Corona virus :)
  7. D

What's your dream system?

Sounds like Neurolink 10 years from now + streaming service of your choice (or maybe not). Dogan
  8. D

Are you using a specific chair to listen.

Oh, there is this listening chair used by a Turkish poilitican -Ismet Inonu- who became the head of state in late 30s. The guy was a classical music fan with a serious hearing loss that he masterfully used as a political tool. Anyways, soon after he lost the elections in early 50s, the chair...
  9. D

Will consumers buy the Dutch & Dutch 8C?

For what is worth, Genelec offers 5 years of warranty if you registered your speakers. I also got a 10+ year old B&O serviced recently and I remember finding the repair cost rather reasonable. I'm currently using KEF LS50W. Although they have some shortcomings in terms of usability, to be able...
  10. D

Canjam SoCal Headphone and Audio Show 2019 Part 2

Pretty sure he could hear you typing this message.
  11. D

Chernobyl series on HBO

The Soviets were indeed aware of the design problem(s): "The SCSSINP Commission report states that this phenomenon had been known of at the time of the accident and that it had first been identified at the Ignalina RBMK plant in the Lithuanian Republic in 1983 (Annex I, Section 1-3.8). Although...
  12. D

Revel Performa 3 vs ML Electromotion ESL - comparative measurements

Sorry, my bad. But I tried to learn something useful before someone mentions Hitler :) Dogan
  13. D

Revel Performa 3 vs ML Electromotion ESL - comparative measurements

I have a 2.1 setup and yesterday I decided to play with the high pass filter frequency. This is the result (without EQ, 1/24 smoothing) at the listening position when the HPF is reduced from 80Hz (green) to 50hz (blue) which I believe is the lowest limit for my mains: It looks like adding 2...
  14. D

Crazy ass Audio tweaking

Well, I bet one hundred thousand dollars that you can't measure the difference in sound between using natural vs. lab-made diamond. They must have exactly the same cut and clarity though. Dogan
  15. D

How to measure phase properly at home using REW?

Here it is. The XO at 80 Hz is more obvious now. Dogan
  16. D

Ah, things look worse now as everything should up close. Thanks. Edit: Forgot to mention that the right window was set to 9ms in my second post. Do you have a recommendation for the gate duration? Dogan
  17. D

I tried to follow the instructions you provided on a random measurement (without EQ) I took a while ago (IR shift, 3ms right windowing) and these are the results. If I remember correctly the mic was approximately 1.5m away. Is the phase too good to be true or the internal DSP is doing a good job...
Top Bottom