Search results

1. Y

Q Acoustics 3010i Graphite

Hi Used pair of graphite Q Acoustics 3010i speakers for sale. In original box with original bungs and grilles, and in very good condition. Would prefer buyer collects from Manchester UK but willing to post within UK for an additional £11.35 (48 hour tracked and signed for). Asking price is £80.
  2. Y

Yamaha WXA-50 for sale

Hi Used Yamaha WXA-50 for sale. Very good condition, in original box with all original accessories. Would prefer if buyer could collect from Manchester UK, but willing to post if (UK) buyer pays additional postage of £11.35 (48 hour tracked and signed for). Asking price is £200.
  3. Y

Square room horror

Hi all Thought I might as well post this here in case anyone finds it interesting or useful. I'm trapped in a room with the dimensions (metres) of 4x4x2.1, and with a basic 2.1 setup. I'm waiting for my new AVR to arrive, but after a lot of experimentation with REW room simulator this is the...
  4. Y

Roku 4K HDR to 1080 HDR TV?

Hi all Wondering if anyone has come across a similar problem. I have an HDR capable 1080 TV, which my Roku autodetects the 1080 resolution of. All of the content I can find that is HDR is also 4K. The Roku will not send this content to my TV as it recognises that the TV does not support the...
  5. Y

Speaker survey

Hi all Thought it might be interesting to see what speakers are commonly used by us ASR forum members and users. You can use the following link to enter the manufacturer and model of your primary system speakers in a Google Sheet. In a month I'll tidy up the spreadsheet and compile and share...
  6. Y

Sanity check - matching amp to speakers

Hi all I'm looking at my next speakers, and as well as a number of models reviewed by Amir (mostly standmount models) I keep coming back to the Wharfedale 12.4s as an affordable possibility. My amp is a tiny WXA50, a model which Amir has reviewed on this site. The WXA50 will put out 55 watts...
  7. Y

First attempt with MathAudio

Hi all I've made my first attempt at room correction using the Foobar MathAudio component and a UMIK-1. I understand the principle that the adjusted frequency response cannot resolve the deep dip between 100hz and 200hz in the left channel (please see below) for fear of causing excessive and...
  8. Y

Using filters to improve speaker performance

Hi all First of all I just wanted to say thanks to ASR. I've really enjoyed using the site and reading the forums. I was reading the review of the Q Acoustics 3020i in which Amirm describes how a sharp filter at 40hz filter helped to improve the sound, and was wondering what the consensus was...
Top Bottom