Search results

1. Firefly00

Considering “upgrading” to Dan Clark headphones. Need advice.

I could power my Aeon RTs direct from an iPad Pro
  2. Firefly00

Airpods Pro 2

Yeah, you get to select balanced, vocal range, or brightness. But we don't have measurements. On AirPods Max, "vocal range" basically repairs the treble deficiencies. I think they were aiming to have the stock sound as inoffensive as possible. Also there's an option to import an audiogram...
  3. Firefly00

Advice on AirPlay 1 streamer

You sure? Mine claims 24/48 when using Airplay 2, assuming the music file has the adequate resolution
  4. Firefly00

Advice on AirPlay 1 streamer

Raspberry Pi Zero W + Apple Dongle. Install Moode on Pi, then enjoy
  5. Firefly00

Meze Liric Review (Closed Back Headphone)

Harman is backed by research into what *most** people like. If a company cuts corners in the tuning, what else are they cutting corners in? Don’t get me wrong, house sound can absolutely be preferred by some people, but the harman target is objectively better for the majority of the population.
  6. Firefly00

Choosing a closed back headphone (+poll)

DCAs are very easy listening. I think that they generally have good dynamics, they just don’t have any part of the FR that is overblown
  7. Firefly00

Wired noise cancelling

Well actually The H9i is bad https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/tree/master/results/oratory1990/harman_over-ear_2018/Bang%20&%20Olufsen%20Beoplay%20H9i But the H9 is worse...
  8. Firefly00

Wired noise cancelling

Beoplay’s FR looks super wonky though…
  9. Firefly00

Meze Liric Review (Closed Back Headphone)

Also Stealth, Aeon RT, AKGK371, Emu Teak
  10. Firefly00

Dan Clark aeon noire?

I have the Aeon RT Closed, it has fantastic bass extension, generally a very easy listen but still has a lot of detail, and of course, basically no distortion. I gather that all of DCA’a range is like this
  11. Firefly00

help for choice dac or headphone

Ah yes, the Hifiman Sundara and He 400i, both of which are truely overblown bass cannons :facepalm:. If OP wants bass, there’s a thing called EQ, rather than telling them to go buy junk from a gas station.
  12. Firefly00

help for choice dac or headphone

If you’re using Apple hardware, the DACs and amps are generally quite good. With more demanding headphones such as the Sundara and He400i you’ll be thankful to have that S8 for the extra power
  13. Firefly00

1-2k option to stream, decode and properly drive Meze Empyrean

The Emperyean already sounds under resolving, so a tube amp that smears the detail out is a really bad idea* The Matrix I3 is a good choice, very futuristic device with that screen! *this is how I subjectively experience tube sound, ymmv
  14. Firefly00

The Matrix Resurrections what a horrible movie...

Not sure what you being transphobic has to do with the quality of a movie. It seems as if your problem is not in fact the movie itself, rather than society has progressed forward since the 80’s
  15. Firefly00

Most Beautiful Headphone designs

Never thought I’d see an ortho with mid century modern design!
  16. Firefly00

Schiit IEMagni Review (Headphone Amplifier)

I don’t understand it. Is there any reason to pick the Heresy over the Iemagni? I feel like it would’ve been more successfully marketed as a Magni 4 or 3++
  17. Firefly00

DAC vs EQ

MiniDSP is a much better EQ. Zen Blue digital out > MiniDSP > MiniDSP analog out > A10 MiniDSP far more powerful than the Loki, you can do accurate room correction with it
  18. Firefly00

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Should be pretty easy to prove, if it exists! If it could be measured, then manufacturers would have it all over their product pages
  19. Firefly00

Have you ever heard of Hitchen’s Razor? “What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence”
  20. Firefly00

So you have some evidence to back up these claims?
Top Bottom