Search results

1. T

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

The noctua fan I used is DC. There was no PWM pin for it if I recall. Noctua NF-A9 FLX. I had to shave off a bit of the plastic off the extension cable and swap the cables in the pin socket thing, but it was a piece of cake and didn't need to break anything. Its a slight hack job, but 100% worth...
  2. T

Schiit Freya S Preamplifier Review 2

I was new to these types of step knobs and was shocked when i first heard the Freya S.I wasn't sure if there was anything wrong with my unit, but sound cut off for a fraction of a secon while turning the knob. I thought it was abnormal, but it probably isn't. The Freya turned out to be a great...
  3. T

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

I have the F503 amp, which likely runs much hotter. Yeah the fans kick in quite often once it gets used longer than 30min to an hour. I definitely hear it when i pause music or while I'm listening to people talk on discord or via youtube videos. Its a huge problem for me for my use case. Im...
  4. T

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

Nah the fan isnt always powered on, yet the electrical noise from my tweeter is a constant thing. I wonder if its the internal power supply causing this? I didnt want an amp with a fan either, but i just took what came with the SEAS kit and didnt overthink it. Honestly, I wasnt sure if i was...
  5. T

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

Side note, I have a second problem as well because of noise. The speakers emit a slight buzz from the tweeter at all times, even when there's no signal. Its some sort of weird electrical noise. Only the tweeter is sensitive enough to pick up, but its audible enough 4 feet away for sure. I have...
  6. T

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

Yep they're both too loud for my taste. Not just a one off thing.
  7. T

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

Alright, I'm about to dampen the mood here a bit. After using them for a week i noticed the fans were getting on my nerves. They were loud. Too loud. I was trying to read and pause the audio sometimes, and they kept getting loud enough to annoy the crap out of me. Weirdly enough, they seem kick...
  8. T

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

LOL I think I'll pass. These are my babies now. They weigh like 80 pounds and I'm not made out of money. I really don't need someone to validate how much I'm enjoying my audio. They sound quite detailed and neutral to me. 1) If you really care about measurements, you can find similar...
  9. T

Musetec Audio (LKS Audio) MH-DA005 Review (DAC)

I said nothing of the craftsmanship. I never opened up my unit. All I know is at the tie I was impressed by how neat and heavy it looked. However, I never opened it up, and I can't say anything good about the unit as a whole because its reliability was a colossal mess for me. I have 100$ devices...
  10. T

Thats not true at all for me. I only chase high performance sound. I've owned electrostats and ribbon headphones the longest because they produce higher amounts of detail than any speakers I've ever owned. I love listening to decades old music just as much as modern music. Flaws in recordings...
  11. T

LKS is the reason i stopped giving into "hjigh end audio" snake oil BS predatory practices. I owned the 005 for roughly a month and had nothing but problems with it. I still swear to his day old old SMSM (VMV D1Se) sounded superior. The 005 was overly smooth and not as crisp as that one. If you...
  12. T

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

Basically went through the same ordeal on my end. I need to paint these as well, but I dont ever want to unplug them now : P I found some small end tables at costco that are basically the same exact dimensions as the speakers themselves. Sturdy and with internal storage space for remotes and...
  13. T

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

The DSP files are quite specific and I'm sure they used careful measurements to tune the frequency curves of all 3 drivers. With that said, You're able to tweak those settings yourself if you have time on your hands. With DSP you can do just about anything. Its just that they went out of their...
  14. T

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

Well, I just finished the build today. These ARE amazing. They're crisp, they're clean, and they're easy to set up. I demoed the Kef R3s and the Kef Ls50 Metas the other month and left unimpressed. This SEAS kit is definitely superior. I don't have experience with the Reference line, but I doubt...
  15. T

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

I bought this kit. I'll report back with some results. I suspect they'll outperform or match Kef Reference bookshelves for a fraction of the cost. Without the need for a preamp, dac, and amp, I don't think many high end bookshelf systems would outperform this kit dollar for dollar. Furthermore...
  16. T

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

Anyone have any news on a updated plate amps? Looking to start a new project soon and not sure if its worth buying the old plate amps when we might be on the cusp of something much better.
  17. T

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

I DO believe the measurements are wonky. However, I think thats why they fork over the filter files with the speaker kit. Its supposed to flatten out the wonkiness. Thats why i didnt mind trying these speakers. 1) No need to fuss over manually putting together the crossovers 2) Guaranteed flat...
  18. T

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

Which one sounds faster and more crisp and more detailed? I feel like the dsp would take care of any problems with the coax of the kingro4y kit. The response curve looks fairly flat.
  19. T

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

Yeah i mean i kinda assumed the same. Im more concerned about microdetails and precision than surface area. I think the added value comes when you factor out the need for an external amp to drive the r11s. I suspect the Seas kit would rival or beat the r3 metas powered by a really good amp...
  20. T

SEAS KingRo4y MK3 Kit

Thats amazing! Actually i considered the satori textreme woofers and tweeters as well, but im told they are extremely smooth. What do you think of this coax driver now that you've had time with it?
Top Bottom