Search results

1. G

QOBUZ IN AMERICA

Hello, I have recently heard about this action from Qobuz from @jaynyc. My subscription is currently stopped as I don't have currently a lot of time to listen to music. My kodi and upmpdcli boxes used to work while my subscription was running, so that was really a bad news. If I ever decide to...
  2. G

An Android device as a touchscreen network streamer...

Hello, thanks for posting here your clarification. I have tried this settings already in the past, but I tried again a few minutes ago just to be sure. Of course I am using the registered version of BubbleUpnp and I also own the BubbleDS Next app. With the settings you suggested (and I would say...
  3. G

I think the OP's purpose is to suggest a way to repurpose some (possibly) old android devices as network streamers. That is awesome IMO. Repurpose stuff instead of buying something new is something that contributes to save our planet. The 'problem', or, better, the thing one might want to...
  4. G

I don't get your point, would you like to elaborate?
  5. G

OK, same for me. Including the security concerns. I use bubbleupnp server to access my library via a VPN (no public access). I was under the impression you had something different to suggest. BTW, what application do you use for the library? I am using MinimServer as my main library and one...
  6. G

@Vincent Kars While I agree with you, I would like to hear your recommendation for a home setup for storing, indexing and serving music to multiple endpoints. Excluding Roon :-)
  7. G

I knew about USB Audio Player Pro but I did not know about the UPnP renderer feature. Thank you
  8. G

I personally don't like to have to necessarily resample. That's of course my problem. I'm not criticising your setup. I just wanted to warn users about the limitations of android. The setup is fine with no resampling as long as you don't play more than 16bit/44.1kHz. Sorry if my post could...
  9. G

While I totally respect Mr Darko and enjoy watching his videos, I would never use an android device as a network streamer. See @6.30 or so, he says Roon has to convert 24bit to 16bit even if his phone is MQA enabled. I think the V30 handles MQA with a specific app, which needs to bypass the...
  10. G

Audiophonics BTW60: cheapest DAC + speakers amp in the world?

There is also this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32966628019.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000060.1.4192f7ebxfyxWA&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller&scm=1007.13339.128609.0&scm_id=1007.13339.128609.0&scm-url=1007.13339.128609.0&pvid=bc22861a-a9d5-46af-aaf3-06e7e9580157 you can find a video...
  11. G

Audiophonics BTW60: cheapest DAC + speakers amp in the world?

You can find some videos on youtube about those devices. Even on of the newer version with a larger knob. Just search for noob tpa 3116 amplifier. Not that they are very informative... you hear people happily saying that the amp is good based on the fact it plays loud. Some people show the...
  12. G

Amazon launches lossless high-res music service!

I do not know if upsampling is done properly on android but I do not like to have no choice. There are paid apps like Usb Audio Player Pro which bypass the android audio stack and drive your dac properly, but I do not know if they will support amazon music hd anytime soon. Maybe Amazon will soon...
  13. G

Amazon launches lossless high-res music service!

Hello, AFAIK Android does not seem a good choice for hires audio. Maybe the Amazon Fire Tablet behaves differently, but my usb dac when used on android phones always play @192kHz, meaning resampling is always happening. I am eagerly waiting for this service to be available here in italy, but it...
  14. G

Review and Measurements of Schiit Valhalla 2 Headphone Amp

Ugh! No jokes! The Panthers must be very angry!
  15. G

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

Hello, I just wanted to share my experience with this dac. I have repurposed a relatively old Celeron J1900 build (no fan, DC power socket on the mainboard) with LibreElec. My purpose was gaining easy access to Internet Radios (using various kodi plugins) with the convenience of a simple remote...
  16. G

Review and Measurements of Little Dot MK III Tube Headphone Amplifier

Sorry for this, I did not consider the risk that someone could be tempted to actually buy this item. I deeply apologise.
  17. G

A quick search on the forum shows that this item has been spotted by someone on this forum in 2016. I should have done the search before posting, sorry!
  18. G

I have to say I was expecting a very different conclusion, but I see your point. I'm quite happy now with a THX 789, but those Little Dots have had my attention for long. Not anymore.. the channel imbalance alone would probably drive me crazy. OTOH, would you buy a little SD card audio player...
  19. G

Review and Measurements of Hypex NC400 DIY Amp

What? That is something you might want to accept from the cheapest amp. I would have returned my Nord Acoustics NC502MP if it would be emitting a buzz like a neon light (if I understand correctly the sentence in french). Luckily, it is completely silent. I assume the user probably has a...
  20. G

Review and Measurements of VMV VA2 Headphone Amp

Yes... but as stated in the review, this device has been released years before the Atom. Which, BTW, is not that easy to buy in Europe again. Shipping costs and custom duties would be very high when buying directly from jds labs.
Top Bottom