Search results

1. R

Is there weird distortion in this track, or is it my speakers??

Hi, everyone. Can someone with an Apple TV hooked up to at least a 5.1 AVR over HDMI help me out here. I noticed a weird buzzing in my center channel tweeter today when I was test listen to the Dolby Atmos track “No Tears Left to Cry” by Arianna Grande. I think the weird buzzing is in the track...
  2. R

Mounting Logitech z906 LCR to the top/sides of LG C1 48" OLED TV

Hi everyone, I'm not sure exactly where the best place is to post this (I also posted this message on the AVSForums). That said, I always get great ideas from this community, so I wanted to post here as well. I'm helping a friend upgrade his computer audio setup. He insists on getting a 5.1...
  3. R

Setting up Kali LP-6v2’s for PC music/gaming

Hi, everyone! I’m on a quest to build a top-tier audio setup for my PC. I don’t do any content creation or anything - this is going to be mainly for use as a music/gaming setup for my office. Initially I bought a pair of Edifier MR4’s to use with a MiniDSP DDRC-24 (with Dirac) for integration...
  4. R

KEF R Series Grills

Hi, everyone. I’ve been doing a lot of research for if/when I do my next speaker upgrade. I’m currently pretty happy with my SVS Ultra Center/Prime Pinnacle L/R front setup (crossed over at 80hz with 2 Monolith 15 v2 subs and corrected with Dirac Live). I might just be upgrading for the sake of...
  5. R

Is it worth buying an Apple TV for lossless audio?

Hi everyone, I’m already an Apple Music subscriber, so I already have access to its lossless audio. However, I have no easy way to get lossless playback to my home theater/speaker system currently from the Apple Music service. At the moment, I listen to music on the system using the Apple...
  6. R

Recommendations for Small, Relatively-Cheap Powered Stereo Speakers for Office

Hi Everyone, I’ve seen lots of reviews of small powered speakers that can be used near field/on desks over the past several months, but of course now that I’m on the market for a pair, I can’t seem to remember all of the ones that impressed me. I’m looking for something in the $200 range and...
  7. R

Are my subwoofers distorting? (Reading REW data)

Hello everyone, I'm getting used to using REW with my UMIK-1, along with setting EQ curves for my 2 subwoofers using a MiniDSP 2x4HD. This is a pretty standard auto-EQ I did for my subs with a mini house curve. I didn't really do any individual tweaking yet (there are definitely a couple of...
  8. R

Need Help - Dips in Room EQ/Acoustics with MiniDSP/REW

Hello Everyone, So I just got into more in-depth tuning of my home theater system. I am forced into a lot of compromises since I live in a condo. My entertainment center has to be in the front right corner of a somewhat large and open living room. Moreover, due to furniture (and spousal...
Top Bottom