Search results

1. T

Dayton Audio OPAL1 speaker launches

erin allegedly has a set coming up for review so obviously will be of high interest and yeh i get that since this speaker has such a high part count, even if the parts are not hooked up in circuit you still need to buy the part, route the holes
  2. T

O-Noorus D1 - TPA3255 PFFB Stereo Amplifier - Front Display, Tone Control (with bypass) and Remote

the dac stage on the d3 is passable but i dont think its as good as the c100 (but its $100 dac on $120 amp) i have a few dacs obviously for testing etc. the drawcard of the D1 is the pffb.. the D3 does not ALSO in this category its nice to have discrete components so you can chop n change as...
  3. T

O-Noorus D1 - TPA3255 PFFB Stereo Amplifier - Front Display, Tone Control (with bypass) and Remote

you can rest a there's people behind the scenes planning what's coming up next and what you describe isnt far off i find it kind of curious how things have panned out so far the A70 has had teething problems and price is kind creeping up to ~$200... to me is there $200 worth of 'innovation'...
  4. T

After the hype of Chinese HiFi brands, what is the jury?

i get that people want RMEs and that sort but I am reminded of the times I've worked for rich people... hell the times I bought expensive cars and its like... what I am doing in a $100k Mercedes that is substantially better than a $30k Toyota Camry? some people will just not appreciate what...
  5. T

Paid reviewers

i think the flip side is that youtubers will get more clicks is they SLAMMM a product like if a youtuber likes an 8631 then what's the surprise? there is none people dig on drama... and drama pays also remember that its often an ouroborous of left hand washing the right hand... with cash...
  6. T

Tech Reviewer: Do Bad Reviews Kill Companies?

tesla is a great example of this at one point tesla's market cap was many multiples more than every other car company... combined and we know tesla have vast resources but how come they produce such a flawed product and attract some controversial reviews and yet... they still exist??? there's...
  7. T

Paid reviewers

reviewers of a certain level of objectivity expend a fair bit of resources preparing a 'review' however saying that, the above sounds like the way certain governments will commission a report from say... McKinsey, or the big four... and they either... get the outcome they paid for, or get an...
  8. T

O-NOORUS D3 - TPA3255 Amp with ES9023P DAC, NJW1194 Vol Control with remote

got a new phone today so some test pics their branded psu + their remote strangely the box included a type-c cable which was not on the manifest i wonder if the unit is amenable to firmware updates???
  9. T

O-NOORUS D3 - TPA3255 Amp with ES9023P DAC, NJW1194 Vol Control with remote

quick sort of impressions of this after a week or so i just dropped this into my usual setup where i can change speakers and dacs at will and the best thing i can say about the D3 is that is offers a pretty seamless experience over my other devices... it just works to a higher level of...
  10. T

its more to my point that adding these things always incurrs a cost i notice the competition sometimes does not offer these things.. if you want a more traditional 'power amp' then you can go down the route where you dont even need a vol. ctrl. i give a lot of credit to companies who add the...
  11. T

also you will find the competiton products are creeping up in price... AND/OR troubled by teething issues i would personally be ok with a more spartan product... like lose the bass treble, but i beleive that is a 'free' njw1194 feature??? the display is kind an extra frill for what is...
  12. T

Fallout on Amazon

people are saying the main characters are idiotics and gormless... which is how the game is if you're that main female vault dweller and that black brotherhood of steel imposter then what sort of decisions are you likely to make due to your sheltered upbringing you are thrust into a hostile...
  13. T

Fallout on Amazon

thing is the show is true to the source material you are supposed to see things true dollar store Zoey Deschanel just about everyone in the MODERN fallout universe is an idiot NPC... but the people you havent come across are the masterminds behind things to me the reveal of the New...
  14. T

Shogun

i'm up to speed and waiting for the final two eps this show lives and dies on the japanese characters because they have to act thru the subtitles, except mariko... and sanada can speak english so i thought the screenwriters may let him 'quick learn' english but the four main cast members truly...
  15. T

Hi-End Floor Standing Speaker Production Process / 落地揚聲器製作過程 (音響製造) - Taiwan Speaker Factory

i would put it like this... i'm not here to cast aspersions on how the chinese run their factories... they have their place in the world of manufacture and they do quite well in the end what do i own that is made in france... not friggin' much i bet the factories at Crewe making the Rolls...
  16. T

Hi-End Floor Standing Speaker Production Process / 落地揚聲器製作過程 (音響製造) - Taiwan Speaker Factory

i used to consult at two different factories one slang product in glass and you had to have palletisers depalletisers as you cannot get people to move large quantities of glass as its a safety issue one slang product in cardboard cartons and plastic bottles and you just used people factory...
  17. T

Fallout on Amazon

i'm ok with that assessment i've played fallout 1 and 2 back in the day pre 9/11 pre Y2k and and it truly was 'gory bloody and weird' - that's a part of the strength of the series it pulled no punches... you got into extended gunfights in the middle of the city there and there as collateral...
  18. T

managing subwoofer and main speaker cut-off? how you would like it done???

i dont know where to put this except here i generally am not a huge fan off 2.1 systems but realise that this is likely going to be popular but its clear that its not managed correctly by companies, nor is it well documented, nor is it well understood by the consumer now let me refer to you a...
  19. T

Are you satisfied with your home Audio System?

i have low expectations... i think a $100 tpa 3255 with a decent set of 6.5" bookshelfs does it fine for most of my uses i'm using one right now i have a nicer setup but yeah... i feel like as long as i get reasonable bass extension, good vocal clarity and good tonal quality then its close...
Top Bottom