Search results

1. K

Wharfedale Diamond 12 Owner's Thread

From my own experience, there is no substantial difference except less low bass. Still, I just listening it normally, not a controlled test.
  2. K

Adding a 10-band PEQ to a DAC - What is holding manufacturers back?

By the way, if you look at car amplifiers, DSP is quite common feature. DSP is a necessity for a proper car audio installation. For car audio, you don't usually have a proper speaker, you normally have woofers & tweeters that you need to tune by yourself. I have this unit in my car that cost...
  3. K

Adding a 10-band PEQ to a DAC - What is holding manufacturers back?

I would like to add Fiio to this list. Their K7 & K9 DAC/headphone amp series have parametric eq function (through Fiio mobile app). Fiio K7 bt cost ~$250. I just recheck. Fiio PEQ works only on Bluetooth input.
  4. K

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

Just discover Wavelet app from crinacle. You can automatically EQ Hifiman HE400se to harman target without any cost. Thanks for both crinacle and Pittvandewitt for this great app.
  5. K

Just want to state my intention that I did not post because I want to prove that burn-in works for speakers. I just want to share to others that if you happen to own HE400se and does not like its treble. Before thinking about selling or giving this headphone to others. You could try burn-in as...
  6. K

I do test the treble peak using Ears chrome extension to boost 8k-10k range by 5 dB on Mac Air speaker. I immediately felt irritating by the peak treble, but I cannot remember exactly that it is the same kind of irritating sound that my HE400se previously produced or not. So, what I can confirm...
  7. K

I would like to confirm the burn in effect as well. My first impression of HE400se is very good, until it hit the treble peak. It's so sharp and, for me, irritating. I was wondering that if the treble is this sharp and unnatural how could Amir not notice it in his review? This review (I think by...
  8. K

I have tried Diamond 12.2 with SMSL DO100 & PA5, SMSL AO100 & DO100, SU6 & DA6, Loxjie A30, TEMPOTEC SONATA HD PRO & Aiyima A07. I would say there is no significant difference. The difference in those amp are in bass roll-off (~1 dB), high frequency (~0.7 dB), and THD+N, which hardly audible for...
  9. K

Thoughts on SMSL D-6 DAC?

https://addictedtoaudio.com.au/blogs/how-to/how-to-pick-the-best-filter-setting-for-your-dac
  10. K

Would be difficult for me to test on high volumes. I usually have free time during the night after my little daughter went to bed. So, just don't want to accidentally wake her up.
  11. K

Yes, but I don't have pop noise on PCM to begin with. Only native DSD that has pop noise. My D-6 also have 2 sec output lag using bluetooth. Anyway, SMSL staff told me that they will upgrade it through firmware.
  12. K

I got this link from SMSL staff. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/sabaj-a20d-2022-version-owners-feedback.34165/page-4#post-1237845 I follow the instruction and foobar screen configuration, for DO100, pop noise with native DSD issue has gone. For D-6, pop noise with...
  13. K

I think not as I'm currently using D-6 with bluetooth/optical & coaxial inputs. Pop noise is an issue with USB input on specific OS. By the way, I'm just talking with SMSL staffs. They're currently trying to reproduce this pop noise issue in their own equipment & environment. I just provide...
  14. K

I own SU-6, DO100, and recently D-6. All three are transparent as expected. For usability, I would like to say that the pop noise issue depends on your usage. If you use it with MAC, no pop noise issue at all. If you use it with Windows, you will hear pop noise when you play music in native DSD...
  15. K

SMSL DO100 DAC & HO100 Headphone amp

Maybe a bit late. I just got my SMSL AO100 amp, and didn't have any issue so far. I didn't have a device to test power amp though.
  16. K

Maybe you should check the dvd output format. Is it PCM 48khz? I previously had a problem from my TV -> DAC because of format incompatibility.
  17. K

This popping noise is a common issue. Addendum - July 9, 2022: I noticed the comment by bobfa on Audiophile Style about the popping sound when first turning on the SMSL DO100 connected to Raspberry Pi (maybe all Linux-based devices?). Looks like this may have to do with the DO100 going into...
  18. K

Thanks for your feedback. So, it's most likely to be the issue of DO100 (At first, I thought that maybe my unit is defective). Luckily that I don't normally use DSD; I just tried it out for testing. Still, it would be nice if SMSL could release a firmware that resolve this popping noise issue...
  19. K

Just got DO100 and found that it has a pop noise issue when playing DSD natively. I search google and found this explanation. https://ifi-audio.com/pop-goes-dsd-why-does-this-happen/ So, I thought that it is the nature of DSD. However, I tried the same setting with SU-6, and it does not have...
  20. K

It is easier for a headphone to achieve lower bass than loud speaker, especially for in-ears/air tight. Diamond 12.0 is the smallest model that reach only 65-70 Hz. So, I'm not surprised that you switch to hifiman he400se headphones for those music genres. It would be a better comparison if you...
Top Bottom