Search results

1. H

General reliability of big Chinese brands?

Longevity is a big concern for me. If I am in the studio 40+ hours per week that means the headphone amp is going to be on that long as well, which is a lot more than I imagine an average consumer will have it on. It worries me when the average consumer says it died on them in 2 months. What is...
  2. H

None of those are made in the US except the jotenheim which doesn’t perform well with low impedance headphones like my LCDs. And I guess I should have said that balanced inputs and both unbalanced and balanced outputs (or simply convenience connections like the a30pro) are a must since I am in a...
  3. H

I would love to buy a USA made headphone amp, and I looked hard to find one… I would be willing to pay $1k-1.5k or maybe even a bit more. But every time I thought I found a candidate the measurements here looked terrible. And I am not one that cares about measurements too much because they only...
  4. H

Topping A30Pro Review (Balanced Headphone Amp)

Hmm. A little worrying since professional studio gear can get above 12.7V when it is at 0dbfs. I was hoping I could safely use this amp. Thanks for your responses!
  5. H

So then if you are using balanced in in low gain mode you will get clipping if you go above 12.7v but the headphone output will still be not be very loud? So does the L gain switch also attenuate the output signal and not just the input signal or something? Or when using balanced in is there no...
  6. H

I have a question about the specs of this amp. On the spec sheet it says the input sensitivity is: SE IN: 60Vrms @ low gain, 12.6Vrms @ medium gain, 2.7Vrms @ high gain BAL IN: 12.7Vrms @ low gain, 12.7Vrms @ medium gain, 2.7Vrms @ high gain Why is the input sensitivity the same for low gain...
  7. H

New Acoustic Treatment from Output

Well, none of the hardware stores around here have rockwool and checking out some rockwool suppliers online they are all on extended lead times too. And I don't really want to make the panels myself anyway ;-). So maybe being patient with GIK is the best bet. Any other good suppliers of acoustic...
  8. H

I have the output desk, sidecar, and monitor stands and I love them. They aren't perfect, but better than anything else I could find (utility and aesthetics wise). Customer service was also great, and they even sent me some extra rack mount hardware free of charge. I also ordered just a few...
  9. H

Thanks a lot for your thoughts. I don't need ECO, but I will check out Heradesign and Caruso Isobond before I buy a bunch more GIK panels.
  10. H

https://support.output.com/hc/en-us/articles/4423837519255-Eco-Acoustic-Treatment-Technical-Design-Specs
  11. H

I am getting ready to add a bunch more acoustic treatment to my studio this year. I was planning on getting more GIK stuff (I have a few panels and I like them OK), but I recently got an email from output about some new eco acoustic panels they just released. I really want to like these instead...
  12. H

Barefoot Footprint 01 Review (Studio Monitor)

Hopefully it is already in place... I have a pair of footprint02's heading my way next week. I couldn't find any other alternatives to the hedd type 07s that I liked that were under $3k per pair besides the FP02s.
  13. H

I read that @amirm had a conversation with them, but I guess we never got the details then.
  14. H

Hi all, was there ever a response from barefoot as to why the measured frequency response here was so different from their claimed frequency response? I had a pair of Hedd Type07 MK2s and one of them had some issues, so I was thinking about replacing them with a pair of Footprint02's.
Top Bottom