Search results

1. P

Revel M105 Copy DIY build

You can always mount the X-O in separate box, actually it's preferred to have the over parts away from magnets and vibrations. On top it's easier to do fine tunning and voicing with X-O out of the box. As for offset in Z axis between tweeter and woofer, it changes the phase relation therefore...
  2. P

Directiva r1.2 design and build

The baffle as in the last picture looks nicer than in the first, at least to me. It supposedly also behave better regarding the acoustics. And easiest to make. I assume the opening for woofer driver will be routed at 45 deg to avoid unwanted back wave reflections - make the Purify breath as...
  3. P

Sony MDRV6 Headphone Review (with/without BRAINWAVZ Pad)

Are Sony V6 beaten by other closed back models ? Not really, especially if someone has to spend over 100 - 150 dol. or Euros. Sure, K371 or M50X will sound better but they aren't without flaws. If the V6/7506 are in good condition and can be run with EQ, meet users needs, then I wouldn't...
  4. P

Sony MDRV6 Headphone Review (with/without BRAINWAVZ Pad)

They always sounded too bright for me, with some fatigue in upper mids/low highs. The dip in low mids around 200-300Hz is common for most closed backs. I think ATH-M50x is a nicer HP to listen.
  5. P

MEIZU Hifi Pro USB-C Phone Dongle DAC Review

Then there is question how good your own hearing is, damaged hearing is not uncommon today. I have really hard time hearing things my friends describe, sometimes a good thing, but generally I wish it was better. Of course not all recordings are pristine and not all music has the spectrum or...
  6. P

Directiva r1.2 design and build

So I played a bit with your Vituix passive x-o files, the ones before this post and changed things a little since the impedance above midrange dropped too much in my opinion because of the RLC filters in the tweeter section. Also changed the location and values of the resistors to keep the amp...
  7. P

miniDSP 2x4 HD Sweetspot-audio Mod Review

It might change something, yeah, it can sound different as I noticed similar thing with my old CD player from '90s - very slight change BTW and nothing to scream about. If it really improved something I would like to see the measurements and what are the areas the improvement can be 'seen'.
  8. P

26stac is a pretty decent tweeter and inexpensive, I like it more than the 29rdc
  9. P

Start by measuring voice coil resistance with DMM, then do impedance sweep, compare the two. But that may give no indication of damage, because often the voltage and current are too low to detect the problem. Basically you would have to disassemble the tweeter and inspect the wiring very...
  10. P

Marantz CINEMA 70s AVR - Teardown, personal thoughts and a few measurements

From the schematic of the output section I was expecting just a little bit more, something like the Onkyo 9100, but Marantz simply cut corners as much as possible. Ah, where is the Marantz of the past.
  11. P

New speaker design by NOOB

Expensive drivers and complex even with modern measuring software (Clio, ARTA) and loudspeaker CAD. Plus you need the space for acoustical measurements, which take considerable amount of time. And as mentioned in the posts above doing passive x-o requires ton of caps, inductors and resistors for...
  12. P

Yeah, this is what I was afraid of. For $600 per pair this is unacceptable. My cheap SB Acoustics tweeters are within 1dB. If the Morels were sold as matching pair, then I would expect them to measure no worse than other manufacturers (old Vifa, Scan, Focal). I suspect that the lower SPL unit...
  13. P

I would like to see the rest of the power amp stage schematic to see what kind circuitry is implemented. As for the particular pair of Sankens used, they're very popular in other AV receivers and also known to fail, due to too small heatsink used in multi channel AVRs, rated between 70 to 100W...
  14. P

Wow, really ! 2mV, yeah kind of underbiased it is ;)
  15. P

4dB difference in tweeter level between spkr1 and spkr2 ? These Morel tweeters aren't exactly cheap and I would expect them to track each other within 1dB tolerance. Maybe you wired the x-o differently in the second sample, or the dome doesn't sit in the waveguide exactly the same way as the...
  16. P

I would rather look for min 5" midwoofer like KH120 just to have a bit more meat in the bass and some spare SPL before running into distotions. Neumann makes good 's..t', and I wouldn't be surprised that the strange look is dictated by actual acoustics. My daily driver headphones are Sennheiser...
  17. P

Yes it's possible, but you have to keep the same waveguide design. However this speaker is designed as free space design and to be kept away from near by walls and reflective surfaces like the desk. For desktop speaker you're better of buying set of monitors specifically designed to stand on top...
  18. P

DT 900 PRO X Review | These new Beyerdynamic headphones are excellent!

Hi solderdude, but for the times when EQ is not possible, HD6** series are way more listenable comparing to old DT series ;)
  19. P

DT 900 PRO X Review | These new Beyerdynamic headphones are excellent!

Does Beyer finally make a set of cans that 'don't hurt' ears. I think it's time. The old DT series (770, 880, 990) should be buried and forgotten forever.
  20. P

Audio-technica M20x Headphone Review

I can tell you for sure that M50X BT v.1 or v.2 don't come even close to original cable version of M50X. But the Wavelet EQ makes the M50x BT v.1 quite listenable, other than the annoying hiss of the BT. In fact I will say they sound better/more balanced, with lower distortion than Bose N700...
Top Bottom