Search results

1. S

Musical Fidelity M8s500s

Hi Everyone, Has anyone ever reviewed or compared to the other brands Musical Fidelity power amplifiers? Or does anyone have any experience with those? I keep reading people call them musical but there are no reviews out there whatsoever - wonder why. In particular I am interested in M8s500s...
  2. S

Playing DSD files

Hello, I have Matrix Element X and it does not play DSD files without rather loud and mostly annoying clicks in between the titles. In Asset UPnP there is an option to play DSF files as WAV, which means it is transcoding from DSD into PCM format. I have been noticing the quality of sound is...
  3. S

Focal Electra BE prices

I have been noticing Focal Electra 1037 be, 1038 be prices are not what they used to be. They used to be in the range of 6k-7k Euro here in Europe, and now are only slightly above 2,000 Euro. What are the most obvious reasons for it, especially as the prices for everything else do seemingly go...
  4. S

If "warm" amplifier makes difference ..

What exactly is happening that makes warm amplifier sound better than the cold one (when it first started)? This in fact applies to the other components as well; phono-stage, pre, ..etc. but is it equally the same? Can this change be measured? thanks
  5. S

They say speaker cables do not matter ..

Lately tried ACC 8TC braided speaker cable (often mentioned in the online reviews); it gets quite different presentation than fully shielded ofc variant. But I wonder why. With the braided cable I get somewhat more rounded sound with middle frequencies upfront (yet with very smooth and clear...
  6. S

MinimServer of Asset?

Which is your preference if you have tried and use any of those? I find MinimServer to be simpler, especially in browsing configuration, well somewhat, but Asset is much talked about these days and appears to be very promising server app as well. thanks
Top Bottom