Search results

1. F

unbalanced vs balanced with lots of volume attenuation

Hi guys, I have a newbie question for you: I was just wondering... let's say my setup looks like this: PC --> DAC --> HP amp --> headphones Is it better to use a balanced cable for my headphones, even if I have to reduce the volume on the PC or DAC to use the amp normally ? How much "digital"...
  2. F

Apple USB-C dongle alternative with microphone compatibility

Hi guys, I got a few IEMs cables with integrated microphones (MMCX, 2 pin, etc.) and 3.5mm termination. For now, I use the Apple USB-C dongle. It works, but for lot's of music it just doesn't get loud enough on my Android phone. Do you have suggestions that are in a dongle form factor that are...
  3. F

JBL HDI-1600 smaller alternative

Hi guys, I'm looking for a smaller alternative for the JBL HDI-1600 (14.6x9.1x11.4 = 1502 in3). I absolutly love the sound of those JBL in my dedicated listening room! I heard details I never heard before without being bright (looking at you BW 607 S2). Soundstage is big and instruments are...
  4. F

Subwoofer integration with integrated amplifier (no DSP)

Hello all, Newbie here... I would like to add a subwoofer to my stereo system to have a bit more punch when listening to movies. My question is concerning subwoofer integration with my integrated amplifier. I was thinking to try a subwoofer "the easy way" without buying a miniDSP flex +...
  5. F

Preamplifier suggestion for AHB2 (instead of LA4/HPA4)

Hello ASR! I'm new here, if my post is in the wrong forum or is a duplicate of another. Please let me know. I am looking to upgrade my system starting with the AHB2 amplifier. At first, I wanted to use my integrated amplifier that has a pretty good DAC (I think :P) and add the power amplifier...
Top Bottom