Search results

1. Drengur

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

This is the exact reason we, the consumers, need more objective testing of audio products and reviewers need to be free from direct and indirect influences from the manufacturers. There are generations of audiophiles who look up to the traditional sycophantic reviewers and see the words of...
  2. Drengur

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

I would be willing to help in some way if at all helpful. Unfortunately my legal education will not be very helpful in the US, but I will be following this and offering some kind of assistance if applicable. I think this is quite important in the broad context of fair reviews. Strong-arming is...
  3. Drengur

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Perhaps he is not well. Not that it matters to the people he attacks, but I think he might have crossed the line a bit with this Facebook post. It seems a bit symptomatic.
  4. Drengur

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Unsolicited review is my new favorite dystopian concept.
  5. Drengur

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

During the last ten pages you people have managed to absolutely go, without the slightest hint of remorse, in the perfect opposite direction of what the title of this thread explicitly states as its purpose. The last couple of minutes I have, against my will, undergone heinous ocular torment...
  6. Drengur

Vincent SV-237 MKII

I've had a couple of Vincent amps (Well, one Vincent, one Sheng-ya). I wouldn't worry about reliability. They were somewhat popular in Northern-Europe and there are many units floating around. I'd recommend them if there weren't better and cheaper options available today.
  7. Drengur

Audio Precision APx516B Review

Very interesting. Costs much less than what I would have expected. Looking forward to an endless recursion of measuring measurement devices.
  8. Drengur

Policy Change for "Desperate Dealer Forum"

We all know he is getting rich from growing tomatoes and herbs. Even if he was getting rich from this forum, I think the pay-walling of for sale forums is a good idea in general, albeit for a small fee. There are spammers, scammers, trolls and bots on all forums, this seems like the surest way...
  9. Drengur

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

This is most certainly a djöfulsins bras.
  10. Drengur

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

A couple of hundred miles away from the eruptions, so at least that's positive.
  11. Drengur

Lack of high-end speaker reviews

Thank you for this. I will not be taking down my Feynman posters yet!
  12. Drengur

JBL 4312M II 3-way Studio Monitor Review

The product are not doing well, but the outcome is good nevertheless; people can avoid buying something that under performs.
  13. Drengur

Lack of high-end speaker reviews

That's it. To hell with science. My old Sequel 2s were great and I am going to die on that hill.
  14. Drengur

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

Throw in extra 20 bucks and you can get a pair of decent headphones included *ducks and hides*
  15. Drengur

Sabaj A30a announced

To be fair, those postal trackers are not always on point. I have a package out for delivery that everyone (except the postal worker physically holding the package) swears it's in Frankfurt (2000km away).
  16. Drengur

Shield SMSL SU-1 Powersupply (Nvidia Shield?)

Did I mention neurotic and cheap :). But yes, you can obviously install software that delivers bit-perfect.
  17. Drengur

Shield SMSL SU-1 Powersupply (Nvidia Shield?)

The Shield is in fact a very good device for most things. However, for those of us that are neurotic and want the audio sent to the DAC without any processing, it does up/downsample. I do not hear any difference (don't tell the audiophile priests, they will take away my certificate), but it bugs...
  18. Drengur

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

Ah... yes. The old "since this industrially manufactured consumer products does not do well in objective tests, we need to change the tests." My suggestion is that we ditch the Harman curve for the new Susvara curve, that way, those pesky 20 dollar in-ears will deviate as far as they deserve...
Top Bottom