Search results

1. alpha_logic

Axxcess Forte 1 with 'Tesla Coils' - legit or snakeoil?

Ok, so I looked it up, and Tesla actually invented the Bifilar Coil in 1894 under US Patent 512,340 for an "Electrical Coil". So I guess it is a 'Tesla Coil' but not the Tesla Coil for which he is famous for. Still, I find the claims made by the amp manufacturer dubious, and somewhat misleading...
  2. alpha_logic

That would at least offer something in the way of explanation, thanks for pointing that out. I do wish companies would be more specific on their design choices and be more explicit, e.g. "We don't like negative feedback circuits, and we're using these coils instead because of .... x/y/z...
  3. alpha_logic

Me too : ) I do know that those are not Tesla Coils, which consist of a primary and secondary coil, where the secondary coil generates higher voltage current by eletromagnetic induction. These 'counterwound' coils looks like what is called in esoteric circles a 'Caduceaus Coil', and probably...
  4. alpha_logic

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

I just got the Fosi Audio ZA3 with the 48V power supply, for living room duty. Good, clean amp with plenty of power to drive my KEF q850 to deafening levels of volume. I did not replace any opamps, since the amp cost $150.00 with free shipping, and I don't see the purpose for spending another...
  5. alpha_logic

I've never seen an amp with what they call 'Tesla Coils' which apparently serve the purpose of dealing with voltage spikes. Would love to hear what the community has to say about this topic : ) https://online.nextlevelhifi.com/products/axxess-forte-1-streaming-amplifier
  6. alpha_logic

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

$60 dollar pair of headphones is a runaway bestseller at $6000 dollars in the world of high end audio. Yeah, sounds about right : )
  7. alpha_logic

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I bought a pair of Tekton Lores a few years back. Had to wait 7(!?) months to get them. Worst speakers I ever had, no matter how much I tried to position them properly, they ended up canceling each other in the base region, with the treble being extremely painful - maybe they were wired wrong, I...
  8. alpha_logic

Do RCA cables have a sound? ChatGPT says they do.

Yes, I understand how transformer networks work. ChatGPT will not 'hone' in on 'what I want to hear, it will simply respond according to the data it was trained on. So, taking your example, me wanting to hear that 'The Earth is flat' will not force or 'hone' GPT to give me an answer other than...
  9. alpha_logic

Oh, I got back to you:) Either ChatGPT is wrong, or you are.
  10. alpha_logic

Doesn't matter if I agree or not, this is what ChatGPT had to say on the issue:
  11. alpha_logic

How do I disable automatic standby in Topping D10s on linux?

I wasn't talking about usb auto-suspend, but about your sound daemon suspending on idle, pulse for example for will suspend if this module is loaded: I'm sure you'll figure it out : )
  12. alpha_logic

How do I disable automatic standby in Topping D10s on linux?

I had the same problem with other DACs - if you're running pulse/alsa, I'm not sure how to fix the problem, but you can fix it if you use pipewire: Disable Pipewire Suspend on Idle to avoid audio pops, delays, and white noise
  13. alpha_logic

Topping E70 Velvet (AKM 4499EX)

I have more than 5 systems - that and and everything else you said is based on assumptions which evaluate to false : )
  14. alpha_logic

Just got the e70 Velvet. IMO this is an Epic DAC, and so far the best DAC Topping has released to date. I like it better than my Gustard X26 Pro, my Topping D70s, the Topping D90LE, and better than the SMSL D300, or SMSL SU-9pro. Great case design, good form factor - display and features are...
  15. alpha_logic

Srboljub is from Serbia, not Romania : )
  16. alpha_logic

SMSL D400ES and SMSL D400Ex

Use pipewire for bitmatched playback without resampling.
  17. alpha_logic

Geshelli JNOG2 Review (Balanced DAC)

It doesn't : ) It's a great DAC, and for some it could be an 'end-game' DAC, but it's not in the same league as the latest high-price offerings from SMSL, Topping, Gustard, Denafrips etc., etc.. And honestly I don't think that would be a fair comparison - the J2 is built to a price-point and at...
  18. alpha_logic

Is there any point to getting the SMSL M400, when there is the Su-9n and DO100?

I owned both, the M400 and the 9n; if you like the 9n, chances are you'll love the M400. I would prefer the M400 over the 9n not only in terms of performance, but also because it has I2S.
Top Bottom