Search results

1. A

KEF R3 Speaker Review

This is right but the market is the market. Basically, you are saying you are not willing to buy an R3, because it simply is not at 700 anywhere. Performance wise, it is going to be really hard to beat the OG R3 for less than 1000usd. Really hard. Currently the LS50 metas are 999usd in the...
  2. A

Peachtree Nova 300 Review (Dac & Amplifier)

I keep trying amps and for the most part there is always something to like about them, but when it's the time to compare to my best, the Peachtree amp500, none are better. I am eyeing a Yamaha A-S2200 but bought the Buckeye Purifi 3ch. Very nice. Very detailed but I prefer the amp500. I think...
  3. A

Measurements of Gustard P26 Preamplifier

I don't understand how a preamp "does not have horn theater bypass". I have the topping pre90 with the extension and I have my AVR connected to one of the RCA inputs. I set the input to 0.0gain and ran room correction. The pre90 remembers the last volume of each input, which means that when I...
  4. A

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

You liked the Hypex more than the Purifi? Notice a difference?
  5. A

Gustard R26 R2R DAC with roon

Interesting. Coming from the SMSL M400 and Marantz HD DAC1 the added details in the bass I got with the R26 was incredible. I am now listening to the M400 and I like it, but the details in the bass and colapse of soundstage, and how the instruments lose all those "layers" make me put it in a...
  6. A

Gustard R26 R2R DAC with roon

You can connect two subwoofers in stereo. CONNECT THE left sub to the left RCA output and right sub to the right RCA output. I have two subs but I connect them to the RCA outputs of the Topping Pre90 preamp, just as I told you. It is basically the same, bypassing the R26 preamp and using the...
  7. A

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

If amplifiers are such a solved issue I would not advice to enter the industry as cost and price will be what ultimately decide who sells and who makes profits. Apparently the only differentiator is customers' BS, in which case if you are NOT the cost leader in the industry, it works against...
  8. A

Stereo sound leaking to center channel.

The cable is a low quality, 4 feet RCA. Questions: A) disconnected Crown, right? Just making sure because I have two power amps in the setup. B) OK. C) in the preamp or in the crown amp powering the center? I will run these tests tomorrow. Thank you all for the support. As I said in a...
  9. A

I am using the Fire Cube in order to take advantage of the Dolby Atmos soundtrack in newer films and series, as my receiver doesn’t have eARC, meaning I can’t stream Dolby atmos in the native app on the TV. What settings would you suggest I should check in the Fire Cube. There are not many…
  10. A

There is definitely a ground loop. I can hear its noise coming also from the center at times. Nothing from the mains or other speakers. It is between the AVR and the Crown Amp. They sre both connected to the same 12 output poser strip.
  11. A

Here: Post in thread 'Stereo sound leaking to center channel.' https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/stereo-sound-leaking-to-center-channel.43877/post-1559094 There you hace a good schematic thanks to @Holdt BTW, I tried to reproduce the problem today and I wasn’t getting...
  12. A

Need amp suggestions for LS50 Metas - options and details provided

It is my opinion that no, we cannot. And no, I have not conducted “proper” tests to get to that conclusion, as the ones I have done the results have not been recorded. Just recently I got the Gustard R26 DAC and it turned me to the measurements are not all camp, to which I have always been...
  13. A

What SHOULD An HT Center Channel Speaker Sound Like?

I think all center channels should sound like the KEF R2C. They could sound like the Q600C which is also very very nice sounding. Both CC speakers have that thing that concerns you covered, as you won’t have to make ANY effort to understand dialogue/human speech with any of those speakers...
  14. A

Yes! Crosstalk is the word I needed, I think. Please do check my OP.
  15. A

I described “leakage”. Please recheck the OP. Thanks!
  16. A

. Nice job on the schematics!! That is precisely my system! Add a “x2” in the DAC… 1. I suppose your first point is correct. Somehow, if the leak is happening through the wires, there must be something going from the preamp back to the amp, right? If thats the case, disconnecting the main...
  17. A

Need amp suggestions for LS50 Metas - options and details provided

What do you want to improve from the CXA81? I own that amplifier and I give it the highest praise possible at its price especially when paired with the LS50 OG or Metas. I tested the Metas extensively woth several amplifiers, including the MF M5si. That thing is a monster and sounds so strong...
  18. A

No DSP as the receiver is not handling anything when the problem occurs. Remember I have a preamp, and it receives two DACS coming from The Raspberry, and the mains preouts frommteh AVR. Also probably worth mentioning is that even when the AVR is not in use when I am listening to music, it...
  19. A

I did consider removing the Crown from the chain but never did it. I will try to do it tomorrow. I listen to music with Roon, streaming Tidal and albums I have in my server. Somehow the leakage comes from the Raspberry pi4 or the DACs or the preamp connecting both DACs and the receiver to the...
  20. A

Hello all, I am not sure this post belongs here. If it doesn’t I am sorry, moderators. Feel free to move the appropriate section. I am hearing some distortion coming from the center channel and I think it is related to sound leaking from the mains to the center. My system is a Yamaha A2070...
Top Bottom