Search results

1. T

Measuring Some Vintage Speakers

Some measurements of my Harbeth SHL5+ 40th Anniversary. (2 different tube amps, 4 and 8Ohm tap) One speaker put in the middle of my listening room, mic @ tweeter height, 1m distance. UMIK mic and REW.
  2. T

Harbeth Super HL5+

So it’s impossible to compare different speaker measurements? do you know how Stereophile do arrange their measurements?
  3. T

Harbeth Super HL5+

Why is that a insufficient measurement protocol? can you explain , please? do you have a sufficient one?
  4. T

Harbeth Super HL5+

FR measurements SHL5+. vs SHL5+ XD. Looking at these measurements, is it possible to see an improvement? (both from stereophile) SHL5+ SHL5+ XD
  5. T

Harbeth Super HL5+

Stereophile measured the SHL5+ XD. Can anyone explain what’s going at the FR >10kHz??? https://www.stereophile.com/content/harbeth-super-hl5plus-xd-loudspeaker-measurements
  6. T

Harbeth speakers

So the sub+stands and the P3 do cost > €6.000…not cheap. Why it only has 50Watts? Alan Shaw always prays how important a hugh amount of Watts are!? Also Watts are totally cheap these days. I do not understand why 50Watts are enough…?
  7. T

Harbeth speakers

Harbeth came up with a new product. Sub+stand Only 50W? 3.995€ https://harbeth.co.uk/nelson-subwoofer-stand-solution/
  8. T

Willsenton R8

Hey, I didn’t write this post! What’s going on here!?
  9. T

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Continued

I don’t understand why Amir joined a Audio Fest And share images!? Overpriced boutique voodoo HiFi all over the place. To me it is not the right place for scientist Amir Whats the idea behind that…..
  10. T

Cheap class D amps. Andrew Robinsons take.

:D:p(Damn the smily emoji didn’t work when using my tablet)
  11. T

Reviewers talk about synergy… translation for me: e.g. if you have a certain music library a not perfect (distortion factory) HiFI gear is easier, nicer, more pleasant … Am I right? Is the reviewer right? Is the objectivist right? Is the subjectivist right?
  12. T

and I think too many spend their time (lots of time) in forums and threads any spit out their „knowledge„ while hiding behind their keyboard
  13. T

agree, but its the customers decision to buy more expensive gear (yes, if he can afford it) if he prefers it… endless discussion (note: I personally like my inferior measured SET 300B more than my Class D amp. I do not understand but that’s fine for me) oh and yes, YT „reviewers“ should be more...
  14. T

I personally listen at only max 70dB average. with a certain headroom no need for hundreds of watts. fact? - personally- yes
  15. T

As always subjectivists and objectivists fight with each other. Who is right? Measurements are facts and can’t be ignored. Subjective experiences also. We are only talking about HiFi and everyone is right. Lets enjoy the music (I hope this is appropriate here in this forum )
  16. T

SMSL VMV A1

beside the sensitivity the impedance is important. The Harbeth is rated at 6Ohm and didn’t go down very low. That helps. The amount of need power also depends on the listening volume at your listening position, the distance to the speaker and how dynamic the music is. Also the room boots the...
  17. T

Willsenton R8

Of course this vids are again another reproduction of the recording… But still I am able to hear differences using my headphones. ( in case its level matched and same mic position) also room echo is absent I guess thats why the toe in of the speakers. The vids are better than most vids with lots...
  18. T

Willsenton R8

Hi, I found some audio recordings of the Willsenton R8 on YT. very nice! and comparisons with a 225W SS class AB amp
  19. T

SMSL VMV A1

I found some audio recordings of the SMSL A1 on YT. very nice! and comparison with a 225W SS class AB amp
Top Bottom