Search results

1. B

Stax SR-009S Electrostatic Headphone Review

Sr009s' stock tonality fatigues my ears after around 30 minutes. I think its lack of lower mids and upper bass causes me to turn up the volume higher than I'd normally listen to try to "feel" the music. I can mitigate this problem if set a +4 db low shelf q 0.7 at 500 hz to give it more punch...
  2. B

The most overrated and underrated headphone you tried?

Most overrated Soundwise: ZMF Verite and its Closeback counterpart. I'm just not a fan of their lack of upper mids. Sounds too muffled IMO. Most underrated Soundwise: Probably the 2020 revision Sundara. I honestly think it sounds very good in its stock form and don't take any issues with its...
  3. B

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Since my last post back in August I've picked up an HD560s, Hd600, Sr-009s, and a CCA CRA (iem). I enjoy the HD560s very much and use them mainly when I go on walks (yes I do use open backs outside sometimes). CCA CRA sounds fine too. With IEMS I don't have problems if they have exaggerated...
  4. B

Hifiman Arya Review (headphone)

I think because the Ananda lacks swivels.
  5. B

*Just for a bit of clarification I still own all the headphones I listed. The dates are just for when I used them almost exclusively (honeymoon period). After comparing some of my headphones/iems (Utopia, HD800s, Arya, HD6xx, Qkz Vk4, & Sr-007mk2) with EQ using Oratory's Harman Curve presets...
  6. B

I recently purchased the Sundara and have been enjoying them tremendously. I've eq'd the 50 Hz and lower frequencies by a couple of decibels and feel no need to eq anything else. Other headphones I own (I'll list the approx month and exact year I used them as a "daily" headphone): Bose QC 35...
Top Bottom