Search results

1. E

Do CD players sound different to each other?

CD players only listen to vinyl, they never listen to each other :p
  2. E

The Laptop Thread

not true, at least not for what I need/use. love my windows machines, but there's a LOT of free stuff out there for macOS.
  3. E

The Laptop Thread

sd cards are a bit slower in general but they're fine for storing music files where you do a lot more reading than writing. shouldn't be a problem at all as long as you get a real SD card- lots of knock offs out there, make sure to purchase from a reliable retailer and even then you might get a...
  4. E

Your latest cool purchase

I have a 2014 forester next to the STI in the garage, @DWPress still mad they stopped making the XT foresters in '18 . . .but suby's made it clear they no longer are interested in making fast cars/SUVs. we'll see how the forester hybrid looks when it comes out in a couple of years- I'm thinking...
  5. E

current subarus suuuuuuuuuuuck, i would not buy anything they make now. current crosstrek compared to a 2004 STI is like comparing a toyota yaris to a mid-90's 2JZ-powered Supra :)
  6. E

that's from the unequal length exhaust headers on the older turbo models- the turbo is off to one side so one bank of cylinders have longer exhaust headers than the other bank, and the difference in the amount of time it takes for each exhaust pulse to travel through the pipes gives you the...
  7. E

nearly! has some tokico D3 struts and cobb sway bars, but other than that the suspension is stock. for power mods it has a cobb OTS tune (will be getting a pro tune from JM in minneapolis this summer), cobb intake, turbo heatshield, and turboXS exhaust. so really, in the STI world . . ...
  8. E

What does the hi-fi system look like on board a superyacht?

he does a great job- I started watching him at the beginning of the russia/ukraine war- eSysman was covering everything going on with the sanctions and how it affected russian yachts around the world.
  9. E

Are trainers (sneakers) like HiFi?

it's equally as silly to assume dave caveman had perfect feet simply because he didn't use shoes
  10. E

Noisy digital audio on LG TVs

increased compared to what? spdif is a stream, unless you're having dropouts you're chasing ghosts.
  11. E

Noisy digital audio on LG TVs

if eARC works for you and your dac/avr/whatever+tv aren't having dropouts there's no reason to make any changes. if you're having dropouts, then try a different connection method.
  12. E

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

5 volts? come on gimme 10, everything downstream of my DAC is from benchmark, GIVE ME VOLTS lololol
  13. E

The Laptop Thread

the asus is only for gaming, my actual laptop is a 16" m1 max - not quite as speedy as the m3, but it's still fine :)
  14. E

The Laptop Thread

I had an AWFUL experience with an alienware m15 R3 a couple of years ago- the thing had to be undervolted to run at all, it would hit 100 degrees on the CPU during boot. I took it apart and re-pasted it and it was better until the paste dried out . . . . got rid of it this year and got one of...
  15. E

Harman acquires Roon

run roon on any basic pc or nas, store your files on a hard drive or nas or file server and use raspberry pi's as endpoints. the only thing you actually have to buy from roon is the software.
  16. E

Harman acquires Roon

not aware of anything LMS can do that roon can't at this point actually- agreed on LMS requiring more effort.
  17. E

Harman acquires Roon

huh? if it's tagged then it's identified, that makes no sense. not an issue I've run into in years of using roon with lots of files that are not in roon's database and are only IDed from tags . . . shoot I have a bunch of unreleased things in my library, only possible way is with tags there.
  18. E

Harman acquires Roon

hahaha ok this is definitely offtopic then interestingly, radio 3 is the ONLY channel on bbc sounds that's broadcast in unprocessed AAC 320kbps- that's a really nice quality stream! https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help/questions/features/hd-sound
  19. E

Harman acquires Roon

I'm listening to BBC Radio 3 through roon right now- there's probably like 40-50 different BBC radio streams through roon's internet radio listings
Top Bottom