Search results

1. A

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

Oh maybe 4.8 for V2 and 224 for V1. I have tested a lot of drivers so can't remember exactly. Don't worry, the drivers don't compatible between V1 and V2 so whatever you have, it would pick up the right one.
  2. A

Now you can use Thesycon-Stereo-USB-Audio-Driver-V224 driver, XMOS driver, or Windows driver. Whatever that works for you. XMOS driver is free and update all the time for experiment and testing. I think they only certify with Thesyson V224 so we no longer get update. So far V224 has no problem...
  3. A

That's weird. Maybe the usb has problem. Using Windows driver or any other compatible drivers shouldn't be any problem. As long as you see Evaluation, then uninstall it in case it would use the Evaluation driver. I use AlSA in linux (https://www.ap-linux.com/), it works pretty well except...
  4. A

I bet you can't tell between T1 and T2 either :p I got 2 T1 but only use 1 so far. Was thinking to build one with preamp but have never done. So far the T1 is still pretty good.
  5. A

Flash Tone 1 right? For windows 1. Remove all the drivers and app (even evaluation version) 2. Reinstall XMOS_TUSBAudio_eval_v4.11.0 -----Run the app ( V1.x --> If you don't see the Tone, that means you have V2.x) ----May need usb driver to see the Tone. I couldn't remember either V1 or V2...
  6. A

Loxjie D40 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Decent price. I am gonna get it in summer :)
  7. A

Carver Crimson 275 Review (Tube Amp)

Wiring was a small issue. He and another guy fix a few problem to get the specs correctly where he listed detail how to on his website. However, Bob Latino refused to fix it. But others have bought before said it's beautiful sound. So it's up to others want to fix that or keep as it.
  8. A

Have you read the link below yet? Bob Latino banned him from the forum for criticize VTA M-125 specs and how he fixed to meet the specs. Don't forget there are many tube amps out there from 7w-15w still able to drive the speakers without problem with beautiful sound. The main issue for Crimson...
  9. A

Thanks, I found that YAQIN has similar design for few of them except different tubes for preamp and driver. Yeah, the sound is pretty decent and I plan to mod something else to see if it's improve anything.
  10. A

I have read on your other thread that you had measured one of the YAQIN amp and surprised with result so I assumed that the harmonic and distortion are good. I have YAQIN MC-100B and the sound is pretty good. I wonder if you have done the measure for this amp? I just got the scope and plan to do...
  11. A

Do you think they would admit then recall all to fix? If you know shipping cost for both ways would cost at least $100. And the 75w OPT would be more than an inch bigger, it won't fit on the chassis. The cost of 75w OPT is twice the cost of 15w. And the picture shows Heater 5.5A where KT120...
  12. A

Because they have to redesign the circuit. A lot of resistors need to be changed. I don't mind if they list the spec as 15 w with a beautiful sound instead they fool consumer. My guess is they think tube power is around 5 times of SS amp so 15x5 = 75w
  13. A

Thanks for info. I have been in tube amps for many years and in a few DIY tube amps forums but never heard of this brand until this post. There are many popular tube amps that has 7w - 15w with beautiful sound. A lot people complain some chinese tubes amps are below the specs like 50w instead of...
  14. A

I don't know if I missed any page but came back to page 1, then click on the Bob second link where it's on page 75. I don't see his justify how 15w OPT can have a spec of 75w. Of course, 15w can drive a loud speakers without problem where my 300B PP 15w can drive 400w JBL Everest DD67000 without...
  15. A

He does custom build. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMmVCZdrEHFHeHXdfELZjKg
  16. A

Carver Crimson 275 design seems to be fine except the PT and OPT. I thought I saw someone posted on page 15 that the Filament is not enough current to run all the tube. 180mA for main power? That not enough to run full specs of KT120. Skunkie Designs Electronics has fixed some chinese amps and...
  17. A

:cool: That a monster mono-block with PT and OPT. I think it's heavy and away from other electronics for magnetic or something.
  18. A

Is this Carver Crimson 275? KT120 needs 1.95A filament each tube and 4 of them need 7.8A and 0.6A for other 3 tubes so the total is 9.6A. While your pic show only 5.5A for brown wires where it's not enough current to run the tubes :) Blue wires is 50v for negative bias -41v. Red 265vAC is...
  19. A

No surprised there is noise in the power supply because there is no choke. I believe in this review and there is something wrong with this amp. Not sure why the terminal speaker wires are small :cool: All my tube amp that has big wire (18 AWG?) connect direct to speaker terminal from OPT wires...
Top Bottom