Search results

1. O

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

I don't think I ever experienced acidic / sour coffee that I liked, for me it is a very negative quality of coffee. Coffee should taste like coffee. It may have some nut notes, chocolate, something like this. Not like fruits or vine. May be because I always drink it black without milk, sugar or...
  2. O

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Guys, can someone recommend some good quality beans to try in the NYC area (Westchester county, in case this matters)? Fresh, with a good taste (coffee, chocolate, nuts etc.) and zero, ZERO acidity. Coffee should be coffee, not a vinegar. :facepalm: Preferably with a reasonable price. For...
  3. O

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Yes, they fit perfectly on the nozzle. For me the problem is that for some reason SpinFit doesn't have CP155 in size XL - and CP155 L is even smaller then M of the original tips.
  4. O

Are trainers (sneakers) like HiFi?

This just means that you are doing it wrong. One that looses the weight fast by an uncomfortable diet will inevitably gain the weight back, and it'll be bigger weight than the starting point before diet! Because something that is uncomfortable and causes constant hunger is unsustainable long...
  5. O

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

Well, obviously, if this is the common situation with support then it is less then ideal - and this is, unfortunately, quite common with Chinese brands. But on the other hand it looks like in practice for the wast majority of folks it just works and works, so just buy it form a good seller who...
  6. O

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

It depends, on the individual anatomy, I guess. I prefer IEMs with deeper insertion by far - it seems to me that deeper inside the ears the skin is less sensitive, so there is much less ear irritation and so much better comfort. And there is no this weird feeling that IEM is barely holding in...
  7. O

Qudelix-5K Bluetooth DAC & Headphone Amp

Well, anything can have some factory defect, it doesn't seem to be widespread. Mine is still going strong from 2020, no issues at all...
  8. O

Best Movie Explosion Audio

Well, sonic (pressure? or whatever it is called) gun in "The Peripheral" series is not quite an explosion and doesn't really sound much but it is very impactful and impressive with a proper subwoofer. It is mostly subsonic: it is not too loud but one could feel a powerful impact with the whole...
  9. O

Sony Xperia 5 IV Audio Review

And now you are just trolling. There are in fact plenty of technical reasons why Bluetooth objectively sacrifices sound quality, starting from the simple facts that it is a) utilizes lossy compression and b) "properly implemented" Bluetooth headphones are as rare as hen's teeth. Sure, it is...
  10. O

Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM Review

IMHO all foam tips attenuate HF and create a comfortable "dark"sound. That's why I never use them.
  11. O

How to EQ (for headphones) the output of an AVR?

AFAIK usually AVR headphone out is just a checklist item and it is recommended to never use it.
  12. O

Unexpected convo at ultra high end audio salon

Hmm, an oversight? As a software engineer, I see an opportunity for TCP-A (TCP for Audio)! It'll provide 100% compatibility with TCP (to the point of being indistinguishable) and ensure that packets with audio data are treated well. For a modest additional fee... Imagine TCP-A certified switches...
  13. O

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

You seem to assume that all IEMs sound "small" compared to over the ear full size headphones. This, however, is a very wrong assumption. For example, the very well known, popular and valued by many for its sound quality Sennheiser HD600 can't compete in this area at all - many IEMs will easily...
  14. O

Portable DAC+Amp for Etymotic 4XR

IMHO pretty much anything can drive Etymotic ER4XR to very unhealthy volume. Certainly anything I've tried. I'm usually using them with Qudelix-5K which seem to have enough power for them (or eardrums) to explode.
  15. O

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

On your photo you have red tips - they are not the largest. Try yellow ones.
  16. O

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

I could use any other headphones I have just fine and never had something like this before. With these, however, it kind of depends. Sometimes I feel nothing, more often I feel some kind of pressure/discomfort/mild pain after prolong listening (ears feel tired), sometimes the pain is very sharp...
  17. O

I got HE400se not long time ago (during this B-stock sale) and something strange is going on, something that I never experienced before with any other headphones or IEMs. I like the sound and they sound mostly right to me with Oratory EQ (though may be somewhat bright?) but the problem is that...
  18. O

Finally decided to register in order ask this question. What is the best portable amp for HE400se? Budget under $100

Hmm, this sounds doubtful to me. Qudelix-5K is barely adequate for HE400se with stock unbalanced cable and Oratory EQ applied (which uses -9.3 DB preamp).
  19. O

Any idea why this thing suggests slightly different EQ for Equalizer APO and Qudelix-5K?
Top Bottom