Search results

1. M

How can the "Analogue section" of a DAC decide or affect the total quality of that DAC?

OK, thanks notsodeadlizard, for you obvious :-) but not for me. All measuring results are indicators of the analog output and therefor it applies if it's good, the analog output stage is good too. I still need to get my head around the idea that this has become an exact science part vs a whole...
  2. M

How can the "Analogue section" of a DAC decide or affect the total quality of that DAC?

Bit late to the party, but i found this thread coming from another question: "how can we find out if a dac is constructed with a quality analogue output stage". As Solderdude explains, there is a obvious way to build this in the cheaper way (less parts, smaller board etc). How can we...
  3. M

Pre-amplifier / DAC combo for B&W CM10 S2

For sure a nice deck, congrats :) My monoblocks reside in my cabinet, behind closed doors - which is no issue for class-D. The cases i bought will get more exposure when done though...
  4. M

Told you it would be enough power :-) - good stuff!
  5. M

Do you mean monoblocks vs stereo amp? If so, i agree, but monoblocks just look the bizz... nothing can beat it imo
  6. M

Found them already, bought and ready to be built into :cool:
  7. M

Wow, I've searched a lot on this because i am building my own amps. This by robbing my current monoblocks from their NC250 OEM boards to build into a much cooler casing with real VU-meters :-). But i cannot ignore...
  8. M

I am really pleased with my NC250's, i believe they are a smidge better than the NC series because of the OEM. They get luke warm but that's by design. I have mine on all day every day, no probs. I think they are 3 years old now. The hypexes with seperate powersupplies may be different though. I...
  9. M

Jup, pre-amp to amp. Wether the pre-amp is also a dac or not. Just be aware not all xlrs are really balanced…
  10. M

PS: you do know balanced will only work if both decks fully support it :-)
  11. M

Ah, good stuff. I think measurements/loads and such help others to get an idea about what you can do/expect without buying one piece after another. I work with roughly the same budget. I also progress along the same lines. I also bought the Umik-1 :) but haven't got around to use it yet. I plan...
  12. M

Hey NailOnHead, i do not have a solution, but i'm in such a similar situation i thought i'd give you some things i found. First, i'm also from NL, second i'm one stage ahead of you and bought 2 monoblocks hypex NC250MP. I use them in 8Ohm, on 88Db/m sensitive speakers in a room measuring...
  13. M

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Hey MacCali, it's an Elipson MC MK1, https://pdf.archiexpo.com/pdf/elipson/music-center/91474-284769.html using D-Class ICE by B&O for amplifying. This is my first DAC (converting my ROON ROCK NUC). Before i had similar function from Auralic Aries Mini, also 2Vrms.
  14. M

Topping D30Pro Review (Balanced DAC)

Hey Guys, i use the D30Pro and connect the RCA's to my stereo AMP. However, the stereo AMP states a sensitivity of 0,55Vrms on the AUX and the D30Pro gives 2Vrms. Is this a problem? I already connected this and found if i turn down the D30Pro to -5 my AMP has to go to 0Db which is kinda...
Top Bottom