Search results

1. Juhazi

Yamaha WXC-50

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/contents/audio_visual/downloads/manuals/index.html?l=en&c=audio_visual&k=wxc-50 AUX IN goes through the preamp just like digital inputs. At least volume control works in my units (2) I don't use them regularly, so I had to attach a DAP... With web browser...
  2. Juhazi

Yamaha WXC-50

WXC-50 has a little switch on the backside panel, which enables volume control. Turn it to "Preamp"
  3. Juhazi

Measuring Some Vintage Speakers

Link to NRC measurements of Revel F206 (2014) published in SoundStage https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1238:nrc-measurements-revel-performa3-f206-loudspeakers&catid=77:loudspeaker-measurements&Itemid=153 Measured at 2m, spl corrected to 1m distance...
  4. Juhazi

Smoothing of spl graph is very helpful. Most publised data use 1/12 or 1/6 octave smoothing. But 1/3 or 1/2 oct match best with listening impression Gating time makes a difference, look at my pics here. Frequency-dependent windowing FDW removes some artefacts. Here 15 cycles which seems to be...
  5. Juhazi

About reflections and room modes... One can "see" modes easily from REW wavelet spectrogram. Second is waterfall with default settings and third is raw impulse. In impulse wiev you cannot see the frequency, only timing and magnitude of reflections. Below bconline's measurement of Revel ant...
  6. Juhazi

Some users were worried about loosing high freq accuracy with long gating. This will not happen noticably! Here animation of my indoor small room responses of same 0-15deg off-axis measurements. Same data but different fixed gating, same right window type. And distortion of same on-axis...
  7. Juhazi

Seems like your noise floor is too high to evaluate distortion. Something in the room resonating at 120Hz? Some gadget making noise and distortion at 1kHz? Anyway nice effort and fun to follow! Please spend some time to tune your technique - do lots of tests with various changes - one at time...
  8. Juhazi

bconline and napilopez, please show also distortion dB from REW! THD plus 2nd to 5th harmonics - and noise floor. Looks like your amp had same voltage/gain setting Actually distortion dB and fundamental is enough, it uses variable gating I guess, and presents on-axis spl very well in same pic...
  9. Juhazi

Show us your bicycles!

Here's my baby sleeping... The weather has been terrible, either -20C or 20cm more snow - I guess I rode it in October the last time. Skis are more practical now... Crescent 24-speed SUV with mechanical disc brakes. I bought it after my Nishiki was stolen 5 years ago.
  10. Juhazi

Cover me I'm going in! - Post your favorite song covers.

Too much rock'nroll around here...
  11. Juhazi

the female voices of 70s and 80s pop

I'm surprized that Karen and Eva haven't been mentioned yet... And two Finnish ladies that can't be forgotten! (Maarit video is from 90s)
  12. Juhazi

Poor man's directivity response measurement technique

Nice, but what is "new" here? Impact of distance was interesting and new evidence to me, because "normal" speakers and dipoles behave much better. I have been using REW since 2012 and overlaying measurements is very basic. Indoor measurements present a challenge from reflections, gating is...
  13. Juhazi

Recommendations needed for a replacement for a miniDSP active crossover

I have no regrets moving to pair of 2x4HD from the broken 4x10HD. If I remember right it doesn't accept 4x10 xml file (less channels and different sw). At first I set parameters as same as 4x10 manually, but I have tweaked them when I got a new mic. I use REW to measure acoustic response...
  14. Juhazi

Who Owns Roger Sanders Designed Speakers?

If someone is interested... https://sanderssoundsystems.com/technical-white-papers
  15. Juhazi

What are we listening to right now..

Live and free!
  16. Juhazi

DAC died. Replace it with a new DAC or a miniDSP?

Maranz accepts analog and digital input in various connectors. Why would you need a new DAC? https://www.marantz.com/en-us/product/amplifiers/model40n
  17. Juhazi

Blown Tweeters - Polk R700

Two possible causes 1) Running sine sweeps at high spl 2) tweeter construction being with open/vented back chamber, high pressure changes from the woofer. Perhaps also because of excessive room eq of response dips
  18. Juhazi

Nice Talk with Paul Barton of PSB Speakers

Exactly. Different types of speakers can have very different directivity, which makes stereo imaging "sharpness". This also determines how sensitive speakers are to the room, positioning and listening distance. And here higher is not better, this is a matter of personal preference and in a...
  19. Juhazi

KEF R3 Meta - Review & Measurements by Erin

More bass eq. and thus lower sensitivity? (I didn't check specs)
  20. Juhazi

Wild places, post em if you got em...

Lakes opened from ice two weeks ago, now water temp is 9C. Leaves are growing on shores of Lake Konnevesi National Park. Daytime temp is expected to rise up to 23C today!
Top Bottom