Search results

1. M

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

Interesting, even if only stereo. I have always admired NAD stuff but have never owned anything by them.
  2. M

Well there you go. I learned something new. I cannot afford one of them and didn't even know YPAO was still around. lol
  3. M

Cool. So which room correction systems out there support 192kHz and are available in a shipping AV processor/receiver today?
  4. M

I see. But this is a thread about Denon's possible support of ART, which is 20-150Hz. That said, what I think you're saying is that there are no room correction systems that meet your golden-ear standards since none of them support anything higher than 48Khz that I know of. Correct?
  5. M

You can discern differences in sound quality of 48kHz vs 96kHz in between 20-150Hz ?
  6. M

The distance issue was fixed on the AV10 a while ago. I have a wireless sub and couldn't use it until they fixed the distance issue. So I think this is a nothing-burger now.
  7. M

Why? What makes you think Masimo will divest itself of Sound United brands if Apple wins on appeal? Couldn't a settlement also be a possible outcome that just as easily injects a f*&k ton of capital into Masimo?
  8. M

We'll have to pry your HTP-1 from your cold, dead, hands to get you to even touch an AV10, won't we? :) I admit, I liked that feature when I had the HTP-1. I suppose if I feel the need for something like that I could just create an Audyssey cal in a speaker 1 slot and use dynamic EQ. But...
  9. M

?? I'm trying to understand your point. The first part seems to mean that you think DLBC should be free. The second is even more baffling because you cannot use Audyssey and Dirac at the same time. If want to use the Audyssey features, then use Audyssey - they aren't taking it away even if...
  10. M

They seem to update frequently. Support has always been responsive to me but who knows if it will remain that way with D&M customers being added into the install base. Still, they just dropped another release today (posted by broncogr on avsforum). There are some bugs for sure. I just had...
  11. M

Looks like a whopping 2 users to me. Another tried Dirac Live months ago but didn't like it and based on the 2 "reviews" he said he won't try DLBC. All within 24 hours of release! lol I used it with an HTP-1 and are happy to have it on the AV10 now. That said, I ran into a couple of bugs...
  12. M

I haven't, but I have now - thanks for the tip. I'd give DLBC a try and let us know how it works out. You have 30 days to get a full refund if you don't like it.
  13. M

My understanding is that DLBC uses whatever bass frequencies it can, from any and all speakers, to create a smooth bass response in the room. Now from a configuration perspective, I don't know what the software will do if you have zero subwoofers and a bunch of full range speakers (putting...
  14. M

I am not certain how they will charge and if DLBC is required for ART. From what I've read so far, it will be required. Just to be clear about your full range towers - DLBC will include bass frequencies from all speakers when calculating/optimizing bass for your room. That said, the more...
  15. M

The more subs, the greater the benefit, in my experience. One sub may not require DLBC at all for most.
  16. M

I was afraid this given the acquisition of Roon by Harman. Now I have to wonder if Roon Ready will ever come at all? Also, per my earlier post, the AV10 shows up in Roon as under Roon Ready but has a disclaimer on it that its pending certification.
  17. M

This is interesting - I've don't recall ever seeing the AV10 (or SACD 30n) show up under Roon Ready. But both are "uncertified" so still can't use RAAT.
  18. M

Should we expect everything to be updated simultaneously? Firmware looks to be there - which is logical since it cost nothing to download now. Had they put up on Dirac and sold licenses without firmware, people would have bitched about that. Give them a few hours. It seems obvious it is...
  19. M

Updating the Marantz AV10 right NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Top Bottom